Virgin Mobile

New Moto G6 Play -- no data connectivity/no texting

Agent

Re: New Moto G6 Play -- HORRIBLE CONNECTIVITY

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, bikemernhard. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Are you using the new SIM card that was included with the phone?

Enthusiast

not sure if its new or not.  but I haven't changed anything with the phone.  I had the phone for a few months and everything worked fine.

Agent

I see. In that case we'd like to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you.

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.

Enthusiast

FYI this fixed the data issues for me:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and press the Phone icon
2. Enter ##72786#. Last # entered will not show on display
3. SCRTN appears briefly. 
4. The phone will power off, then power back on.
5. The device will complete the Hands free Activation steps, to program the phone. Will update the PRL, and power off and back on again

Enthusiast

I have the same problem, no data and I did the reset with the ##72.... number.  Do I just return the phone and find a different service?  I have been with Virgin for 10 years.  The customer service kept me on the phon an hour and no answers.  I have calls and text but no data.  PLEASE HELP OR I QUIT!

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there akafidge.  So sorry for this hassle. Let's figure this out. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number. Also include your current location. 

Enthusiast

It is happening again!!!!!! No data. I can only go online with wifi.  I did all the resets and finally factory reset it and it is still having problems.  It started when I was out of town, NO service (phone or data) for a day, and when it came back no data.

Is there a fix for this???

Agent

Hey there @akafidge To research further, can you send us the cross streets and ZIP codes where this occurs? We need to verify, if this may be an issue in the area.

~JoyP.

Enthusiast

I PMd you but it happens all over.  I was in San Diego and had no service.  Up the state on and off. Now in 95202 it is off.

Agent

Hi there akafidge. Please continue working with us through the private message. Victor21