Virgin Mobile

New Moto G6 Play -- no data connectivity/no texting

Enthusiast

New Moto G6 Play -- no data connectivity/no texting

Hi,

I just upgraded my phone to the new G6 Play, and I have no data connectivity (except wi-fi), and I am unable to text. When I check the APNs, all of them are Sprint-related, nothing for Virgin Mobile (I know the former owns the latter), and none of them solve my issue. This is highly aggravating. Why is Virgin selling this phone when it does not work straight out of the box? How do I enable my data connection and texting? Mobile data is enabled. When I try to update the PRL or profile, nothing happens, probably because there is no data connection.

HELP!

62 REPLIES 62
Enthusiast

Re: New Moto G6 Play -- no data connectivity/no texting

I forgot to mention that while I have no data connection, and cannot text, phone calls do work.

Agent

Let's take a closer look, @complaintsz. Can you private message us so we can take a closer look?

Whiz Kid

im having the same issue here wasthis resolvedif so how plz help ive tried everything i could gind online nothing has worked.. this is a sealed phone so cant take the battery put and put back inb 

Agent

Hi @darkmaqicstars Could you please shot me a PM so I can help you?

Whiz Kid

sent..not sure what elsei can do onthis i really dont wantto factory reset after getting it all set up but im debating if thats aoption here

Agent

I've just replied.

Enthusiast

Seems to be a trend! I have been messing with the Moto G6 for two hours now and can't get data to work. Best Buy set the phone up and I have also since called Virgin Mobile's 800#. It's still not working. Can I get a refund on my (unused) monthly usage I just paid for a phone that doesn't work?

Agent

Hello, @aimee. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue with my new g6 play. Getting close to taking the phone back and switching carriers.