Virgin Mobile

No help at all from Virgin on the LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400 problem

Enthusiast

No help at all from Virgin on the LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400 problem

A week later, no replies to my posts in the first thread on this. After calling many times to the scripted tech support, a new phone was mailed to me. The same phone... And I was told that I would NOT have the same problem. Well Virgin , you are NOT a company of your word. The problem is still the there. Now what ? Will a different phone , not the defective LG X charge be sent to me ? And why do your tech support people hang up on someone. You ask to call from a different phone in case you get cut off, but when it happens you don't. I was hung up on. More then once. And no call back, nothing. I have had Virgin Mobile for well over 10 years. This is the first time I was treated like garbage . And another fact , why is boost Mobile showing up in the actavtion prompts ? As I said before , I don't want apologies. I don't want the same scripted do this, do that. I want answers ! I want a solutions ! No we're working on it. The original thread was more then 3 weeks old. How much longer does a person take in good faith Virgin words ?
11 REPLIES 11
Enthusiast

Re: No help at all from Virgin on the LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400 probl

I have the same problem/error message (Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400) with my LG X Charge that pops up on my screen. It just started yesterday after I downloaded an Android Security update. The Mobile ID app is the problem and it's part of the Mobile Installer app.

A TEMPORARY FIX is to go to SETTINGS > MOBILE DATA > MOBILE ID > Tap RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA then select ALWAYS

You can also try SETTINGS > APPS > MOBILE INSTALLER > FORCE STOP

Enthusiast

Re: No help at all from Virgin on the LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400 probl

I have this problem too. It keeps downloading and then a screen pops up saying something about "failed to install code 400". I called the tech line, they had me enter a code after I got off the phone. The phone rebooted. I was told to call back on another phone if it didn't work, which it didn't. So when I call back on another phone I have to explain the whole thing over again, they handed me off to a tech and then hang up. This didn't happen just once but three times. Three times I had to re-explain the issue. As if I had never called about the issue before and they handed me off to a tech and hung up again.  Last night there was some update of over 600mb. I thought it was some sort of fix but now the problem is worse as I have something call "carrier wizard" that keeps crashing. Not Happy!

Enthusiast

I tried that but when ever the screen locks and I unloack it or the phone restarts the problem start back up again. Smiley Sad

Enthusiast

Try SETTINGS > MOBILE DATA > MOBILE ID > Tap Mobile ID again > FORCE STOP

If you restart your phone you'll have to do this again, but this should temporarily stop the error pop up.

Whiz Kid

Just adding that I have the same problem here. Happening since I got the phone a month ago. Pretttty annoying, glaring error, and it's worrying that there still isn't a fix. Might be time to ditch Virgin Mobile!
Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing this, johnw. Is your device software up to date? Follow these steps:
-Tap the Settings icon.
-In the General tab, scroll to and tap System updates.
-Tap Update LG software.
-Tap CHECK FOR UPDATE.
If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.

Enthusiast

There is another thread about this issue titled, "LG X Charge: Unable to install all contents. 1 code: 400" and it's 24 pages long. That thread has been locked. According to Virgin Mobile, the issue we are all having is under investigation. They don't have a solution to the problem at this time.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Not good. Smiley Sad

Agent

Sorry to hear this is happening. Please follow the below steps and provide us an update. 

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. In the General tab, scroll to and tap Apps.

4. Scroll to and tap the application.

5. Tap Storage.

6. Tap Clear cache.

7. The application cache is now cleared.