Virgin Mobile

Phone won't automatically connect to wifi

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Phone won't automatically connect to wifi

Last night I noticed my phone is not connecting automatacially to wifi at home or other places.  It worked the day before, but wouldn't work yesterday or today.  I can stand right by the router and still nothing, at it does is search.  How can I solve this?? I have a Coolpad.

15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Re: Phone won't automatically connect to wifi

Hello, jking. Thanks for contacting us. Just to confirm, did you make sure that the WiFi is turned on? Have you tried to delete the WiFi network and reconnect again?

Enthusiast

I have done everything, turned it off, turned it on, turned off the router in my home, turned it back on.  Rebooted, EVERYTHING!  The only way I can get it is if I am right on top of the router.  It is the same when I go out and try to hook on the proveded wifi, it doesn't pick it up.  Very frustrating.  Just got the phone in the end of June.

Hello @jking. It is possible that this problem is related to the software on the phone. We could recommend to try a factory reset on the phone. A factory reset will erase everything on the phone and will restore the software back to factory defaults. You will need to backup your contacts, important files, pictures, etc. before doing this because everything will be erased. If this is an option for you, please let us know so we can tell you how to do it.

Enthusiast

I did that too, nothing.  Like I stated, very frustrating.

We are really sorry to hear that. Your phone has a one year warranty from the manufacturer. We recommend to contact the Coolpad warranty department at:

Toll Free Number: (877) 606-5753
Email: hello@coolpad.com

Business Hours:
Mon-Fri: 9AM-9PM EST
Sat-Sun: 10AM-7PM EST

You can find more information about the warranty on the following link https://coolpad.us/warranty/#targetText=To%20obtain%20assistance%20on%20where,or%20return%20of%20suc...

Enthusiast

Thank you, I was not aware of the 1 year warrenty.  I will look into it today and let you know if there was success or not.  Thank you again.

You’re welcome. We remain at your service.

Enthusiast

I called them, and they said something about the SIM card and to contact Virgin about it.  

Agent

Hello! The SIM card has no relation to the Wifi at all. We recommend going into Settings > Wifi > tap on the network that you'll connect, then tap the option to "forget" that network. If it has a password, you will be prompted to enter it again once. It should connect automatically after that.