Virgin Mobile

Phone wont recieve texts unless I restart it?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Phone wont recieve texts unless I restart it?

Earlier this year I bought a Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve and my service since then, or since Virgin Mobile decided they were no longer going to sell androids has gotten to the point where it is almost unusable.

The main issue is after a while my phone will just stop recieving texts. There's no error messages, nothing like that, usually I just think wow, I haven't gotten a text in a while, restart my phone and wham! suddenly I'm the belle of the ball. And those people who texted me will say they texted me hours ago. Sometimes I will try to send a text, recieve an error message "Unable to send" and then I restart my phone, and here comes the flood of messages, and finally it will send the text.

I will literally not be able to text someone who has an iphone unless I restart my phone, and sometimes then it's still hit or miss. A lot, but not all, of the time when my phone stops recieving text messages it's because someone with an iphone has texted me and somehow that "gums up the works".

Strange how my sudden lack of workable service coincides with Virgin Mobile deciding to no longer sell androids.

Has anyone else had this problem/know how to fix it? I have tried their "text for care" service and I have used their four suggestions several times and they clearly do not work. I have been with VM for seven years and it's a shame how far they've fallen. If I can't find a fix for this, I will have to get a different service that can do crazy things like text and make phone calls without having to restart my phone fifteen times a day.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Phone wont recieve texts unless I restart it?

I understand your frustration, Lasttry. Let’s check this thing out. Please send me a private message with your phone number, PIN number and current address.

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".