Virgin Mobile

Roaming, Missed Calls and Voicemail

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Roaming, Missed Calls and Voicemail

For over a year my phone has been roaming. I got a new phone and it's roaming a lot. I have to do ##72786# to be able to get rid of roaming.

I miss phone calls (it sends callers to voicemail) and I get no missed call notification; a few DAYS later I'll get a voicemail notification SOMETIMES.

Other times I get nothing. I missed an important call from my surgeon's office postponing my surgery and never got the voicemail they days they left. I also never got the call or notification of a friend having car trouble and she was struck on the side of the road...three days later I got a voicemail notification and heard her message.

I got a voicemail notification from my boss 3 weeks after she left it, again with no missed call notification ever.

This has spanned over 2 phones. Phone support had me do factory reset, firmware, prl and profile updates (which made it worse), etc.

I'm in metro Detroit, 48127 zip.

My phone also roams in my house, in my city, at work less than 9 miles away, etc.

It's not the phone. It's not an Android update since it's been going on so long.

Android, Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve SM-J337P.

New phone, same problems. I just had to ##72786# again an hour ago. Which means any calls, texts or voicemails left for me for how ever long it was roaming before I noticed are gone forever...again.

When I changed phones it took 3 days and multiple phone calls to customer service to get it activated, so maybe something weird in my network profile?

The solution is going to be on Virgin's end, not mine.
4 REPLIES 4
Whiz Kid

Re: Roaming, Missed Calls and Voicemail

Oh yeah: text messages from family living 3 blocks away and also on Virgin either: 1. Show up right away, 2. Show up hours later, or 3. Never show up. Usually the texts show up hours later. It's so bad everyone knows to Gmail and not text me. This has also been going on since at least 2018.
Agent

Hi there Logusz123. Let us look into this for you. Can you please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.

Enthusiast

I am having a similar issue and I need help. I have tried everything and looked for solutions on the community forum. Please help. 

Hello @cadence697. We would like to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.