Virgin Mobile

SAMSUNG J7 SOFTWARE UPDATE NO INCOMING/OUTGOING CALLS & FAILED TEXTS

Enthusiast

SAMSUNG J7 SOFTWARE UPDATE NO INCOMING/OUTGOING CALLS & FAILED TEXTS

Since Updating the new software I've had issues with receiving and placing phone calls. I can't send text messages either. When trying to send messages, it's a "FAILED MESSAGE" error. I did not have these issues prior to the update. People who are trying to call me calls are going straight to voicemail. This has been going on for 3 days!

Anybody else have these isssue? 

HELP!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: SAMSUNG J7 SOFTWARE UPDATE NO INCOMING/OUTGOING CALLS & FAILED TEXTS

Hi, shawn8723. We replied to your private message.

Whiz Kid

I am having a similar problem. I had a software update on or around July 13, 2019 on my Samsung Galaxy J3 Achieve and the service has been spotty ever since. I receive texts days, sometimes weeks, after they have been sent and calls only come through as voicemails that are received days after the original call. Why is this happening? I already tried dialing the number with ## in it (can't remember the numbers) that resets the network or whatever. That didn't help. 

Agent

Hello Hello there jen862997. I am sorry about that. Please do the following; go to Settings, System Updates, tap Update PRL. Then go back and update Profile. Please make sure your WiFi is off and Mobile Data on. Let us know if that worked out. 

Enthusiast

Nothing they reccomended is working. They just told me to contact Samsung as they don't have a resolution for this issue yet. 

Agent

Understood. We're really sorry to hear that. Have you even tried to reset the phone to factory settings-- after backing up your data of course?