Virgin Mobile

SIM card broke

Whiz Kid

SIM card broke

Nearly three weeks ago, my SIM card stopped working. I tried everything, called tech support, and was told that they would mil me a new one. Awesome... except, when it got here it wsa huge and wasn't for my phone or any phone that I have ever owned. SoI called again, and was told a new one would arrive within 5-7 business days. Never given an order number, andgues what, nothing showed. So I called AGAIN, and was told that it was out of stock, but no wait we're sending you one it'll be there is 1-2 business days. Again, nothing. So I called yet again today and was told that the card was out of stock and there was no idea when it would be in stock. I asked what the heck am I supposed to do with this $250 phone that I can't use? He suggested contacting my local Sprint store, or Best Buy.

So I did. Sprint stores do not sell anything Virgin Mobile related. Best Buy does not have anything Virgin Mobile related in andriod. so now I have a $250 paperweight and a company that doesn'tgive one iota of a care for their cutomers or servicing the phones they sell on their website. I have had this phone for four months, and have been unable to use it for nearly one of those months.

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: SIM card broke

Hey there @misspenny. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'd like to investigate this situation further! Would you please send us a private message, so we can further assist you?

Note: For you to send a me a Private Message only need to click on my username, which will  take to my profile, once you're there on the right side of the screen you will see the  option to send me a Message.

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Sadly, I have had the same experience as MissPenny.  The SIM card in the phone I purchased directly from Virgin mobile stopped working less than 6 months after purchasing the phone.  Several phone l-o-n-g  calls to customer service later and 3 incompatible sim cards were sent with the "promise"  each were the "right one"  and would work only to find out from the last call that they "out of stock" of both the phone and the card.  The 1st rep said they would be in by next Wednesday.  When I asked to speak to a manager, it changed to "end of the month", then "I don't know when we will get them in".   He credited my account with $10 to buy a sim card from a sprint store, but don't tell them it's for a virgin mobile phone.  Soundly fishy to me.  I asked is this how they support their long term customers and maybe I should switch carriers. There was silence, followed by asking if I want the $10 credit or not.    I'm afraid, I also have a $250 paper weight and will most likely will switch carriers, but will have to shell out to buy another phone.   I'm so frustrated and angry.  The customer service call center  - including the manager is 100% not helpful - all scripted talk and run around.  Horrible customer service.  Junk phones.  Plenty of other carriers out there.  

Agent

That’s definitely not okay. So sorry to read that you’ve been experiencing this, @omni. What's the make and model of you phone?

Whiz Kid

Galaxy j7 refine. It's no longer listed on the phones available to purchase page or device support page. Phone was purchase from the virgin moble web site last november for a christmas gift.
Agent

Thanks for that information. At the moment, we don't have SIM cards available for that device. 

Whiz Kid

So how will virgin mobile make this right. A $10 credit for a <6 month old defective unusable device? Customer service support that deceives and provides 00 support? That says everything about your business practice. I held up my end., paid for a phone, make monthly payments and followed their advice. What will virgin mobile do? Oh yeah, we went to the Sprint store on the advice of the manager. You guessed it... They were obviously unable to assist. We plan to shop for phones for another carrier next week on Prime day.
Agent

We're truly sorry to hear that, omni but unfortunately, we do not have SIM cards available for that phone model.