Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy J7(2015) - Locked on Virgin Mobile Won't Activate

Whiz Kid

Samsung Galaxy J7(2015) - Locked on Virgin Mobile Won't Activate

Samsung Galaxy J7(2015) , was my bf's phone on Virgin Mobile.  He bought a new Samsung, keeping his same account, gave me this one to use.

It is locked with Virgin Mobile.  When I try to activate it, the message is "Sorry, currently only iPhones are eligible to transfer."

Then what am I supposed to do with this locked to Virgin Mobile Samsung J7?   Will a new SIM card force it to work with Virgin Mobile?

If it can't be used here, I need the UNLOCK code so that it can be used with another phone company.

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7(2015) - Locked on Virgin Mobile Won't Activate

Hi there, @asylum23! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you trying to activate that Virgin Mobile device on your Virgin Mobile account? SIM cards may not be shared between two devices. Each SIM card is assigned to a device and paired together. You may not simply pop a SIM card out of one device and use it immediately in another device. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN code, MEID/IMEI number of the phone that you area trying to activate, and the ICCID/SIM card number  that came with that phone. 

Whiz Kid

I do not have a Virgin Mobile account yet, because none of the SIM cards are allowing me to activate the Samsung phone, so no Virgin Mobile phone # and no Virgin Mobile PIN code.

The SIM was not the one he was using, he has a VM account, but bought a new Samsung that came with a SIM card.

We bought a pack of SIM cards that are supposed to work with VM, Sprint and Boost.  I have tried 5 of them, none are working.  So can't activate the phone with them, but in addition, I get the message that this phone can't be activated.

I will send over the info. on one of the SIM cards I'm trying to use.  Thanks.

Agent

Hey there, @asylum23 in order to unlock the phone and use it with a new service, we'll need the phone number and pin that was last associated with that device. Please send us a private message, that way we can take a closer look at this situation. 

Whiz Kid

Tried to send you a message but got "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."