Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy J7 - Not Receiving Calls, But Getting Voicemails

Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy J7 - Not Receiving Calls, But Getting Voicemails

Need some help - my Samsung Galaxy J7 is not receiving calls, but I am getting immediate voicemail notifications.   I've tested calling my phone from my house phone, as well as asked several people to call me.  Every test resulted the same way - it rings twice, then goes immediately to voicemail.

This is a problem for me, though, as my cell phone receives calls for two factor authentication for my work.  Those calls are going straight to voicemail, and I'm unable to log into my computer to work.

To verify, steps I've taken thus far to try to remedy this:  put phone in airplane mode, then back out.  Put phone in do not disturb, then back out.  Completely muted phone, then turned ringer volume all the way back up.  Restarted the phone.  Turned off the phone, removed the battery, and held the power button for 30 seconds, then plugged everything back in.  None of these have worked.

Any immediate help you can give is super appreciated, as I'm currently unable to get any work done!

15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 - Not Receiving Calls, But Getting Voicemails

Hi TrueblueDS. Thanks for contacting us. We want to help. How many signal bars does your phone have? Does it show 3G or 4G/LTE? ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

Thank you for replying back to me.  I am showing LTE.  My phone is jumping between max bars and one step under max bars, depending on where I'm standing in my apartment.  I've also tested by stepping out of my apartment - getting max bars out there, too.

Agent

Thanks. Please, try this: 

1. Turn Wi-Fi off (Settings > Wi-Fi > Off) and make sure that Mobile Data is on (Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On) 
2. From the dial pad enter ##72786# 
3. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically.

Please, let us know how it goes. Thank you. ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

I was able to follow the steps with no problems.  I let the phone sit for an extra ten minutes after reloading, then tried calling it using my landline.  I'm still having the same issue - when I'm calling, it sounds like it's giving the phone two rings before going straight to voicemail.  However, my cell phone is not ringing at all.

Agent

Understood. Please, dial *720 on your phone, and put it on your ear. Let us know if you hear 3 rapid beeps. This is to disable call forwarding in case it is active. ~AmyM25

Enthusiast

I dialed that as requested.  I did hear the three rapid dial tone beeps before the call disconnected.

Agent

@TrueblueDS: Where you able to test the phone? Please keep us updated with the results. 

Enthusiast

I've tried it a couple times now after the *720.  Tried it immediately afterwards, then gave it about ten minutes, then tried it again.  Same results - call not coming through, but the person dialing hears two rings before going to voicemail.

Agent

We understand, @TrueblueDS. In that case, please send us a PM with your phone number, PIN and address so we can further assist you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.