Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy J7 - Not Receiving Calls, But Getting Voicemails

Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 - Not Receiving Calls, But Getting Voicemails

Please, dial *720 on your phone, and put it on your ear. Let us know if you hear 3 rapid beeps, lets try this again and see if it fixes the issue now that we refreshed the device.

Enthusiast

Sadly, still at the same place.  Dialed it, then tried to call my cell from the house phone - same issue.  Restarted the phone after dialing *720 then called... same issue.

Agent

1. From any Home screen, tap Phone.
  2. Tap the MORE or Menu icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap More settings.
  5. Tap Call forwarding.
  6. Tap Always forward.
  7. Tap Turn off

Enthusiast

The option for Call Forwarding doesn't appear to be in that section.  I've attached a screenshot of the options I get when I get to More Settings.  As a heads up, the Android Operating System is version 7.1.1.  Also, I did try calling the phone again this morning; same issue is still happening.  My cell is not ringing, and the person calling is just getting two rings and straight to voicemail.

Screenshot_20190516-114936.png

Agent

The last resort would be resetting the phone. 

Enthusiast

Sorry for the wait on my reply here.  I did a complete factory reset of my phone, complete with backing everything up.    Got everything loaded up - but the problem is still there.   What's even weirder is that I discovered that I AM getting the calls coming through if I'm on a call with someone else - I discovered this when I was calling someone's cell, leaving a message on their phone, and they called me back in the middle of my message.  The phone itself just refuses to ring, nor am I seeing any sign of a call coming through, when I am NOT on a call.