Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine going straight to voicemail 90% of the time

Whiz Kid

Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine going straight to voicemail 90% of the time

So I have had this problem since I bought the phone, approximately a month ago. Have been trying to get help, keep saying it is being escalated then cancelled as I was at work and unable to answer my house phone. So yesterday and today I actually get calls on my galaxy from Virgin Mobile, but nobody else can get through. Nobody is understanding my situation and today I had a rude customer service person tell me after I told him my issue "well I don't know about that,I got through," and basically accused me of being stupid and not realizing that I am not having an issue. I'm seriously getting fed up with this. I spent  a couple hundred on this phone, which may not seem like a lot, but I am not about to spend more than that on a phone, so I did not want to switch providers, but with the service I have been given, I am considering it. This is unacceptable. None of my family or friends get through trying to call me. I have factory reset my phone twice, I have updated profile, turned off this or that, made sure call forwarding isn't on, etc. Nothing works. It will work maybe one time after and then back to the same issue. Can someone help me figure this out? 

22 REPLIES 22
Whiz Kid

Re: Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine going straight to voicemail 90% of the time

I too, am having the same issue!!  We are on our 2nd set of phones.  Both Samsung Galaxy's.  Not J7's but J3's.  The phones cannot recieve calls.  Calls go right to voicemail which has never been set up.  After MANY calls to Virgin, and 4 tickets, and hours of time...and trouble shooting everything humanly possible, the issue still isn't resolved.  My issues have also been "escalated to the networking department" over and over.  I have never recieved a call back from them as promised.  I called Samsung who shared that this is not a phone issue, but an issue with the Phone App istelf provided by Virgin.  I returned the 1st set of phones, only to discover that I cannot call the new phones either.  I have researched "unforwarding calls"...none of the codes given online, and by Virgin Mobile technicians work.  I hope this gets resolved as I would like to be able to call my teen boys, which is why I got the phones in the first place...This is very frustrating...Good luck to you!  And, to me.

Whiz Kid

Good luck to you, as well. It is extremely frustrating and then to have the csr riducule me and act like I was making things up was infuriating. I too have children who try to reach me, but cannot. I even had people call me, as the representative yesterday told me to do, so that I could have them give me the times. When I talked to the rude one today, he told me no he didn't need them because tech support wasn't going to believe me as he got through. He literally said that. I realize they outsource and there may be a language barrier, but this was just plain rudeness, as I understood him just fine. I too have tried all the codes, resetting, turning off wifi and data on, turning data off and wifi on, uninstalling apps, reinstalling apps....Nothing works. 

Agent

Hello, Drarry! We're terribly sorry that you're experiencing this situation. Let's take a closer look. You mentioned your phone has even been reset. Was it a factory reset? ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

Thank you. Yes, I tried factory reset twice now. 

Agent

We understand. Can you send us a private message that includes your address, so we can check the area? To send a Private Message, click my username or picture, then click "send this user a private message".  Thanks! ~AmyM25

Whiz Kid

I am now having the same problem with my Galaxy J7 Refine. All calls go right to voicemail.  In addition, I can't call out AND I can't receive or send texts.  THIS IS NOT GOOD!  PLEASE HELP!

Agent

Hello, @Flphoone. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry to know you're having issues with the service. Could you please send us a private message to better assist you?  We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Enthusiast

So Drarry, did your phone issue get resolved?I hae the same problems.  All I have found is that if I restart the phone, it works for awhile.Still looking for answers.

Whiz Kid

I too have this issue, the phone will work fine for awhile and then it will start going straight to voicemail and and will not receive text. Support had me do a network reset however I still have the issue. I reset all the apps with no help for this problem. When my wife calls my desk phone and tells me to turn my phone on I can cycle my phone to airplane mode and back to normal and all my text will come in.I notice this one day while on a call with someone trying to send me a coformation number to verify my identity, after he sent the code twice I finally cycled it ti airplane mode and back and then the codes came in. I found I can't trust this phone or network so I have to do this process several times a day or call my phone to see if it rings.