Virgin Mobile

Samsung Galaxy S9 - downloading MMS messages over Wifi?

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Samsung Galaxy S9 - downloading MMS messages over Wifi?

I receive MMS messages using the Messages app, but if I'm connected to wifi the message will not download, sometimes returning a Network error. In order to download it, I need to enable Mobile Date and disable Wifi. Is this normal? I'd like to just read and reply when on wifi. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 - downloading MMS messages over Wifi?

Hi there! Unfortunately, we do not offer service over Wifi. Mobile data is required to send and receive MMS. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hi there! Unfortunately, we do not offer service over Wifi. Mobile data is required to send and receive MMS. 

View solution in original post

Whiz Kid

I have the same problem. This answer isn't sufficient to me. Why do I need to have WiFi actually turned off even when network data is always on. This isn't a problem I have experienced with any other services and friends on other networks don't have this problem. It is very inconvenient and needs to be fixed.
Whiz Kid

We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience! Unfortunately, we do not offer service over Wifi. Mobile data is required to send and receive MMS. 

Whiz Kid

I think that both MarchHH and I understand what you are saying; but what you have not answered is why it becomes necessary, even if data is ON, to turn OFF Wifi in order to open an MMS message.