Virgin Mobile

Samsung J7 Invalid SIM card message

Whiz Kid

Samsung J7 Invalid SIM card message

I am having problems with my Samsung Galaxy J7 phone. I am receiving a message that indicates I have an invalid SIM card and the phone will go offline. When the device is restarted I usually get service for a short while before it goes offline again. This problem occurs both on a network connection and phone service.

I took it to the Best Buy where I purchased the phone in November 2016. The technician removed the SIM card and reinstalled it but the problem persisted.

11 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Samsung J7 Invalid SIM card message

Take a look at the suggestion offered below.  If you do get a sim card (if you have difficulty finding one, Ting is a good source) you will need Virgin Mobile to make the ICCID swap for you on the backend.  You cannot simply put in a new sim card and have it work.

https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/Galaxy-J7-Invalid-SIM-Card/td-p/4543

There is a chance the problem is software rather than hardware and you might want to try a hard reset first.  If you do that make sure you make a backup first as it will erase all personal data on the phone.

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-j700f-galaxy-j7/

Agent

Hey there, @William1948!

So sorry to hear about this experience. We want to help! Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone number, PIN and UICC ID of the SIM card?

~Nosh_CxUx

Whiz Kid

Customer Service sent me a new SIM card. Replacing the SIM card was the correct solution to the problem I was having with my Galaxy J7 phone. It is functioning properly now and has maintained a consistent service connection for a 24 hour period.

I appreciate the assistance I received from the customer support staff.

Agent

You're Welcome. We remain at your service.

Whiz Kid

Hi there,

My name is Nik Ruzas and I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy J7. Continuous "Invalid Sim Card" notifications and reccommending me to restart. Have restarted multiple times and have removed and re-installed the sim card and battery as well. Not sure what I can do further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 

Nik

Agent

Hi, @nruzas27 Could you please send me a PM with your phone number and SIM card? I would like to check into that for you.

Whiz Kid

I just started having this problem yester day. I had to restart my phone 6 times today.  I bought this phone right B4 Christmas, I love it, Help please.  I use my phone for work every day, so can't be with out it.

Agent

Hi SDJDoyle!

We're sorry about that situation. In order to investigate in more detail, we need you to send us a private message with the following information:

- Phone Number

- Account Pin

- Device MEID DEC Number

- SIM Card Number (ICC ID)

- Current Address

We'll be waiting for your reply message.

-EdwinRG

Enthusiast

Same phone, same problem.