Virgin Mobile

Samsung galaxy J7 invalid SIM card message

Whiz Kid

Samsung galaxy J7 invalid SIM card message

Greetings and salutations,
As the title suggests, I have a Samsung galaxy J7, and I've been having problems with the SIM card. For a few months I've gotten the "SIM card removed" message, which requires a restart of the phone. This would occur occasionally, but the restart would fix it. Now I have an "invalid SIM card" notification. While I can use the phone on WiFi and use all my apps, I can't send or receive texts or calls, and 4g is out, as well. Searching around here, it sounds like it's the SIM card, but I'm not sure how to go about getting a replacement, assuming that's the issue. System and all pertinent apps are up to date.
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Re: Samsung galaxy J7 invalid SIM card message

Additional information:
I've done all the typical diagnostic stuff. Reboot, reseat the SIM card, reset, etc. No effect.
Agent

Hey there, @qx9r7man! Thanks for contacting us. We'll do our very best to help you out. Please send us a private message to better assist you. 

Whiz Kid

I just got this invalid aim card problem too
Agent

Hi, Seanhachey!

We're sorry to know that you're experiencing this issue. We'll be happy to assist you. You may have done this before, but we need to double check. Have you tried powering the phone off and turning it back on?

Whiz Kid

I have just started having the invalid sim card on my J7 as well. I have restarted it multiple times. Help please.

Agent

Hey there, @JammieCole! Thanks for contacting us. Just to confirm, are you using the same SIM Card that came with the Samsung Galaxy J7? Or are you using another one from another device? 

Whiz Kid

I believe it is the same one that came with the phone, its a 16GB PNY high performance Micro SD card

Whiz Kid

I mean yes it is. Just realized the white chip under it is the SIM card

Agent

Oh, I see, @JammieCole!  If that's the case, please send us a private message to better assist you. In order to do so, you just need to click on my name, then select the option that says "Send this user a private message".