Virgin Mobile

Samsung galaxy a6 connection issues

Enthusiast

Samsung galaxy a6 connection issues

Hi, I recently upgraded from my old galaxy j7 to an a6 and i'm having issues connecting to cell service at random times. Short term fix seems to be to reboot every time it happens but this is getting old, especially in locations I know my old j7 had no similar issues and often when I reboot I have full or strong service. I will be at my house where my old phone regularly got 3 or 4 bars, and my A6 will show one bar and not be able to send or receive texts or make or take calls until I reboot. What's something I could try to correct this? I've only had the phone a couple of weeks and I hate to think it's going to be a long term issue. I checked with Samsung and was directed to check with my carrier. Thank you! -Adam
14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Re: Samsung galaxy a6 connection issues

Hello, @AdamTN. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to better assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Whiz Kid

The same thing has been happening to my Samsung A6.  My old phone use to work great (calls, texts, data) all over town.  Now I can only use data when I'm on a wi-fi network.   Sometimes I have to keep trying to send a text a dozen times from one spot in town where I know it will sometimes send.  Calls are spotty. Sometimes I can make and receive them, but it varies from day to day. What did they say would work as a remedy to this?  Any tips on what I can do?  

Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, ccooey. We want to help! Can you please let us know when this started to happen?

Enthusiast

@ccooey, I was never able to determine a fix for my issue, although the team on here tried multiple things to help resolve it. I hope one of their options works for you! Good luck.
Whiz Kid

Agent

Hello, ccooey. Are you experiencing issues with  your phone? 

Whiz Kid

i hate this phone! It doesn't connect even with strong wifi. It drops my podcasts in the middle of a long drive, it doesn't send or receive text messages and I have to repeatedly try send them. It doesn't download gifs or pictures in text messages for hours and sometimes days and when it does download them it just keeps downloading them.

I got an android phone because the iphones don't have upgradable memory but at least my iphone worked.

Agent

Hey there @Invaderkymm. We apologize for the inconvenience. Are you having this connection issue only with Wifi? Are you having this issue in a specific location, or while travelling? 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

I am having these problems in my home and workplace, as well as traveling.