Virgin Mobile

Samsung j3 achieve pie update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Master

Samsung j3 achieve pie update

Brand new phone updated to pie update. I lost phone service and messaging. I ended up swapping phones because I need to be able to call and recieve calls and texts. Is there a fix to the update?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung j3 achieve pie update

Thank you for the information. We just updated your account network settings. Please dial ##72786# and wait 3 minutes while your device turns off and on and completes the network update. Please check the service after this and keep us updated with the results.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Agent

Hello slinkybinx. You can try performing a hard reset on the phone to bring it back to factory defaults. Keep in mind that this will delete everything from the phone. It is recommended that you perform a backup of anything that you may not want to lose before doing it. You can do it by going to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset. 

Master

Ok I will do the hard reset and try the phone again . thank you
Master

I reset and i didnt add google or samsung acct . i can made a call but i get this " your authentication code can not be verified. That contact does not have virgin mobile. I called a virgin mobile contact - went straight through. Messages are working.
Master

Messages do not work.
Agent

Hi there Thanks for letting us know. Please send us a Private Message with your phone number and PIN to assist your further. 

Thank you for the information. We just updated your account network settings. Please dial ##72786# and wait 3 minutes while your device turns off and on and completes the network update. Please check the service after this and keep us updated with the results.

View solution in original post

Master

It works!! Thank you!
Master

Hi again. Everything worked yesterday and now the phone is not working.
Agent

Sorry to hear that you're having issues, @slinkybinx. Please send us a private message with your current address so we can take a closer look at this.