Virgin Mobile

Saving apps to a SD card LG Stylo 5

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Saving apps to a SD card LG Stylo 5

I just got a LG Stylo 5 and installed a brand new SD card. The only thing that is going to the card are photos.

I did go into settings and try to move a downloaded app but there is not even the option to send it to the card.

What am I doing wrong???  So Frustrated!!

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Saving apps to a SD card LG Stylo 5

Hi there! Apps are installed to the internal memory by default, and can not be installed on SD cards. Some apps allow you to move their files to the SD card to save space, but ultimately the internal storage space is always used. The option will not show for every app, but you can move the ones that do by going to Settings > Apps > All. You need to check the apps one by one and select the option on each app individually (on those that it is shown).

Whiz Kid

Hi Edmund. Thanks for the reply.

I do understand that all apps cannot be moved to the card. The apps I want to move are apps that I have downloaded and were able to be moved on my old LG phone such as JetBlue, Bitmoji, Whitenoise...so sorts of things.

I have followed the steps you have outlined and I have been scouring YouTube to make sure I was doing the right thing, and there is no option to move the apps on my phone. The only options are to "clear cache" and "clear data".

Is there a permission setting which allows the apps to be moved?

Thanks for any info!

Hey there, mcNJ! We were checking on the device's user guide, unfortunately it does not show where to transfer information to the SD card unless you place the SD card as the primary storage space.

Master

Open "settings > about phone > tap your build number 7x to enable the developer settings". Back up and find the developer options. For me it's under "settings > system > advanced > developer options". I have a different device though, so it might be a little different for you. Near the bottom of the developer options you'll see something like, "force allow apps on external" enable that. Then open the settings for the app in question, select "storage", and you'll have the option to move it to your external sdcard. Unless LG patched this out of stock Android, it should work for you.