Virgin Mobile

Sim Card Has Locked

Whiz Kid

Sim Card Has Locked

I purchased new phone from Virgin Mobile Website, LG Stylo 3.  Once the phone arrived and I tried activating the phone and I kept getting an error saying "the sim card has locked please power cycle the device to fix." I tried that and continued to get teh error so I contacted customer service.  Customer service said I needed a new Sim card.  They sent me  a new sim card, but the wrong model sim card was sent.  I went to a Sprint Store for a SIM card because the original SIM card said Sprint on it.  They gave me a 3-1 SIM kit. I tried one of those SIM cards, but I am still getting the same error.  

Is this a SIM card issue or a phone issue?  Please Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Re: Sim Card Has Locked

Hi, cbailey27. So sorry to hear about this experience. We want to help! Please send us a private message with the phone number, pin code, MEID of the phone, and ICCID of the SIM card to review this.

Enthusiast

My phone is doing the same thing but I have iPhone X s maz
Agent

Hey, Slomoe23! No worries – we’ll get you taken care of. Can you send us a private message with your phone number to verify your account? Thanks!

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem with my new stylo 3 as well. Please help

Agent

Hello there, @Scottbvirgo! Sorry about that. Does the SIM card ask you for a code, PUK code? Please provide us more info so we can better help.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue with the LG Stylo 3. Even tried my SIM from my Stylo 2 and it's still locked. It just pops up saying that the sim card is locked. It has no place for a PUK code.

Agent

So sorry to hear that, @DanikaDiskord. Let's check this thing out. Can you please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN? 

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Virgin Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".