Virgin Mobile

Sim card error message

Whiz Kid

Sim card error message

I have a Galaxy J7 for over a year now. I would occasionally get and Invalid SIM Card error message which would usually go away once I restarted the phone. It has been happening more and more lately. I also got a new error message about my SIM card being locked, "The SIM card has locked. Please power cycle the device and if the problem persists contact customer support." Is this a problem with the phone or do I just need a new sim card?

40 REPLIES 40
Agent

Re: Sim card error message

Hello, mullrich93. We're sorry for the inconvenience with the SIM. Yes, it seems that you need a new one, which we can request for free. Please, send us the following information:

phone number and PIN

shipping address

Whiz Kid

I am having the same error as the original poster. Where should I send this information to? My phone just suddenly would not recognize my SIM after many attempts to take it out and put it back in, there is no corrosion on the contacts, I even factory reset my phone to no avail.

Agent

Hello @JVAsh. Please, send us a private message with your phone number, PIN, address, device MEID, and device model to further assist you. You can send us a private message just clicking on my name and then selecting “Send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

I just started receiving the same error. I thought it was because of cell service affected by Hurricane Irma (I am in Miami Fl). I went to a Sprint store and they said they could not help me
Please VM, help me.
Agent

Hey there, Fern! Sorry to hear that. Has your device sustained any physical damage (wet, dropped, broken, etc..)?

Enthusiast

No it has not. One minute it was fine and the next the invalid card error started appearing.
Agent

Could you send us the make and the model of your phone?

Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy J7
Agent

Hi Fern! You need a SIM card with the following specifications:

UICC - CZ4114LWC
  UPC - 854798005095

These can be acquired at most National Retailers and at Online Stores too. We hope this info helps.

EdwinRG.