Software Version: PPR1.181005.034
Release Date: 10/8/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Android Security Patch

2 REPLIES 2
Whiz Kid

Re: Software Update: Essential Phone (PH-1) 10/08/2018

Hi, I need your help. Based on info from this community and Essential. I purchased a PH-1 to be used on your network. Tech support had me go into a Sprint store and purchase a SIM and told me to call back afterward and there will be no problem activating the phone on the network. When I called back the next technician I spoke to said the phone was incompatible. I know that there are probably less than 200 people with this phone that use Virgin Mobile. How did they get it activated? This phone is designed to work on all carriers including the PCS portion of CDMA which VMU operates. But tech support seems to have little knowledge of this phone.

-Al

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Essential Phone (PH-1) 10/08/2018

PM me the MEID of the device and I will look to see if it's unlocked or not.

@gadmgmt wrote:

Hi, I need your help. Based on info from this community and Essential. I purchased a PH-1 to be used on your network. Tech support had me go into a Sprint store and purchase a SIM and told me to call back afterward and there will be no problem activating the phone on the network. When I called back the next technician I spoke to said the phone was incompatible. I know that there are probably less than 200 people with this phone that use Virgin Mobile. How did they get it activated? This phone is designed to work on all carriers including the PCS portion of CDMA which VMU operates. But tech support seems to have little knowledge of this phone.

-Al