Software Version: G930PSPT8CRK2
Release Date: 12/20/2018
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

December 2018 Android security patch level

2 REPLIES
Whiz Kid

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 12/20/2018

After installing this update I have a black bar at the bottom of my screen.  "About Phone" says I have PVPS8CRK2 installed.  When I pull up the keyboard the bottom row of keys is halfway cut off.  When playing games in landscape there are controls and information lost in the black bar.  On the home screen, the icons appear to have shifted up to account for the missing real estate.  When setting up the phone after a reset, I just had to rely on the design standard of the bottom right corner advancing you to the next screen because the text wasn't drawn but the area within the black bar is still reactive to touch.

Very weird, and displeasing.

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 12/20/2018

That's strange because the CRK2 is just a security patch.  Meaning there should not be anything affecting the screen or orientation on the device.  Based on your description, it seems the display may be going out on the device.

@kholim wrote:

After installing this update I have a black bar at the bottom of my screen.  "About Phone" says I have PVPS8CRK2 installed.  When I pull up the keyboard the bottom row of keys is halfway cut off.  When playing games in landscape there are controls and information lost in the black bar.  On the home screen, the icons appear to have shifted up to account for the missing real estate.  When setting up the phone after a reset, I just had to rely on the design standard of the bottom right corner advancing you to the next screen because the text wasn't drawn but the area within the black bar is still reactive to touch.

Very weird, and displeasing.