Virgin Mobile

Sorry, this device can't be activated on Virgin Mobile

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Sorry, this device can't be activated on Virgin Mobile

So I'm trying to activate a phone I received from a friend a while ago, it is a Huawei phone (model Y538) that had, as is my understanding, previously been a Virgin Mobile phone or had been purchased from Virgin mobile, not sure. It has been factory reset, does not have a phone number assigned to it, anything. We recently got a SIM card for this phone as well to connect to Virgin, which is telling me "invalid sim card" assuming until it is activated.

Both MEID codes behind the battery tell me the "Sorry, this device can't be activated on Virgin Mobile" error. We cannot do customer support over the phone as this is intended to be our phone, meaning, we don't have a phone until this is sorted. What can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sorry, this device can't be activated on Virgin Mobile

Really sorry to hear about this, thehallowedpen. Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can get down to the bottom of this? Please include the DEC and the SIM card number.

3 REPLIES

Really sorry to hear about this, thehallowedpen. Can you please send us a private message with the details so we can get down to the bottom of this? Please include the DEC and the SIM card number.

Agent

We understand. Would you please confirm the area code you wish to have?

~ Joy P.

Heavy Hitter

Sometimes with previously used phones; it could of had and technical issue and if those technical issues were unresolved for the hand-held device . Virgin Mobile well not activate a phone like such that has
( Technical issues or bad MEID)

Virgin Mobile seek customers satisfaction along with VM phones, services plans, and More.....