Virgin Mobile

Storage issue for Moto G 3rd Gen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

Storage issue for Moto G 3rd Gen

Can anyone tell me how to move apps to SD card? I watched a you tube video that suggested settings>apps and scrolling right to get to place to make a √ for SD card but that doesn't happen on my phone? Help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Storage issue for Moto G 3rd Gen

then go to setting click app then On SD CARD at the top it will display all of the apps that are capable of being moved to the SD card or are already installed on the SD card (checkboxes with check) highlight the app and move it to the SD card. That is all you have to do. Unfortunately when the app updates you will need to move it back to the SD card. You will do it from the Apps/On SD Card menu very easy.

3 REPLIES

Settings > Storage > SD > Format

Once the format completed, I then selected Setup and it gives you the option to format the SD card so you can save Apps etc to it. It will format again but at least but then allows you to start storing apps on your SD card afterward.

then go to setting click app then On SD CARD at the top it will display all of the apps that are capable of being moved to the SD card or are already installed on the SD card (checkboxes with check) highlight the app and move it to the SD card. That is all you have to do. Unfortunately when the app updates you will need to move it back to the SD card. You will do it from the Apps/On SD Card menu very easy.

Whiz Kid

OMG! Thank you so much for the help! The advice was spot on!