Virgin Mobile

The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Whiz Kid

Re: The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

I have been a Virgin customer for years and find this to be a very disappointing announcment. While I'm sure Apple made you a terrific deal to offer only their overpriced and faulty products, in the end it was a poor buisness decision. Even with the overhead bloat Virgin put on the android devices, they were still better and faster then Apple's devices. I've been flirting for a while now of moving my service, but your pricing and data plans made it worth while to stay. I can see now that Virgin no longer cares what thier customers want are are only interested in the fast buck they can make. I will be activly looking for a new service provider for my cellular service and will be decrying Virgin Mobile as a choice service provider on every website, blog, and social media service I can find. Congratlations on runing a longstanding relationship.

Whiz Kid

In your statement to your Android customers you stated that you hear our concerns. But in reality you do not care about our concerns at all. I have been a loyal VM customer since 2008, my entire family has a plan with VM. But we will have to change providers due to the fact that we are basically being forced to purchase an iPhone. I also learned in order to participate in some of your promotion plans I have to be invited by your company. I inquired about your VIP plan and after being transferred to several different reps and being placed on hold which seemed like forever, I was told that I have to be invited into your VIP plan but I can participate in your "inner circle" with the purchase of an iPhone. You have definitely lost loyal customers, my family and I will start looking else where for a provider. Too bad you could not stay loyal to your customers even though we remained loyal to your company.
Whiz Kid

So-what does this mean for Assurance Wireless customers??  They only give out Android devices.  what will be the relationship of AW to VM in the future?  Will AW transition to Boost, as well?

Agent

Hi mademily! ASW will continue to operate in the same way it has so far. The ASW service, plans, phones and platform in general are not involved in this process. Please let us know if you have any more questions.

EdwinRG.

Whiz Kid

I've been a virgin customer for a while but the customer service has gone downhill over the last year and this s new iPhone crap is going to sink your company thanks
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I was a loyal Virgin Mobile customer for almost 8 years. I was shopping for a new phone when I found out that Virgin Mobile would no longer be supporting Android users after 2018. Customers were not informed of this change. Not only is it very disappointing that Virgin Mobile will be excluding Android users from their service, it's insulting to do it in this backhanded, sneaky manner. It does not matter if Virgin Mobile will "continue to provide plans, software updates, top-up cards, “My Account” access at virginmobileusa.com, and customer service, indefinitely" if "after the fall of 2018, Virgin Mobile will stop selling new Android phones" because "we do not support Bring Your Own  or “carrier-free” Android devices." What are Android users supposed to do after that, when we need to replace our Android phones? We are then left with only 3 options: 1) switch to Virgin Mobile's "sister company" Boost Mobile, 2) buy an iPhone and switch to Virgin Mobile's iPhone plan, or 3) find a new carrier. It's shameful that Virgin Mobile i.e. Sprint chose not to remain loyal to its loyal customers, and instead chose to marginalize us. I won't be forced to buy a product that I do not want; I'll take my business elsewhere.

Whiz Kid

What a poor decision for a company like you to make. Android holds s lather (and growing) share of the market; not to mention that the major carriers are racing to the bottom trying to cater to the highest end of the purchasing demographic. I'll just have to end my relationship with this company and that's very disappointing.
Whiz Kid

I've been enrolled for a year plus. Now I'm going to be upgrading my Android device from Walmart, it's the new Moto E 4. The service provider for it is Virgin Mobile. So as the rules go I specifically purchased the Motorola E 4 from Walmart like I stated earlier. Thus swapping or upgrading my new Android device should be seamlessly successful to activate. Now all that is left to do is speak to a live representative for this to happen! Great right??? We shall see. I'm going to call in the IMEI # to verify their own rules in accordance for Android devices. As for more than a few friends and acquaintances of mine have asked me to more or less help them figure out how to do exactly this. Bring your own device/phone/upgrade.But there weren't any available Android devices/phones to be found online at Assurance, Virgin Mobile,to actually be able to do this. Leaving us with this problem/dilemma everyone I'm trying to help has been faced with. With that said, please wish me luck and I will keep you posted on this specific issue.
Enthusiast

Are you guys ever goin to tell us how we can switch to Boost hassle-free or..? I"ve been waiting to hear something because I didn't want to have to spend so much money to transfer my service, but it looks like I'm going to have to.

Agent

Hello @les11 You only need to contact Boost Mobile, so they can assist you with this process. Are you trying to use the same device you have Virgin Mobile?

~JoyP.