Virgin Mobile

The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Whiz Kid

Re: The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Wow, I love when companies decide they don't want to provide service to all possible new customers, as will be the case after this fall.  I guess losing money is their busines plan.  Oh well, I guess I'll look at other cell phone companies since iphones suck, and after this fall I won't be able to get the latest android phone on this network.

Agent

We will still provide services and support to our Android customers, including access to MyAccount, software update pushes, customer service and top-up card redemption.

Please know that we are working with our sister company Boost Mobile to provide the best possible options and future solutions for our Android customers.

Whiz Kid

Will there be some sort of announcement when you've reached this mythical deal with Boost? Because it sure would stink to cut bait with VM, switch to Boost and its higher prices only to find out better pricing was a week away or something.

Agent

Most likely! Please keep checking back for updates.

Whiz Kid

Email from Facebook that Text/ messaging will no longer funtion.  New issue with Vangard for the same issue.   Shame  10 year  user of the program.  Suggestions for similar plans ??

Agent

Hey there, @Ltdan! Thanks for contacting us. Just to confirm, are you having issues with text messages? Could you please let us know more details?

Whiz Kid

What is the status of working with Boost Mobile?

Enthusiast

Virgin Mobile has been a popular pre-paid wireless carrier in the United States for a while now, using Sprint's network as a backend. As with most carriers in the US, both iPhones and Android devices were available to customers. However, Virgin has now partnered with Apple and will only offer iPhones moving forward.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I am so disappointed with Virgin right now. I have been a customer since the first moblie phone came out in England, I was over the moon when a company i trusted had moved to offer phones in the USA and grab the first one i could. I love Andriod technology and the fact that Virgin had great deals for both Android and Apple users. Now it feels like a slap in the face to all your Android customers, we are not as important to you as the Iphone users. I have never considered going to a new company until now, but it looks like after 20 years of being a loyal Virgin Moblie and Virgin Moblie USA customer, my family and I will be changing companies. I can't believe the short sighted buisness decision you have made. 

Whiz Kid

@Vixen I  also want no part of Apple or any I   Phone(y).  My Kyocera is on its last legs, and I'm looking for Android phone as a replacement.  Hopefully I will find one compatible with the Virgin Assurance wireless system.  We shall see.  Note to VAW, don't say you weren't warned when companies like Consumer Cellular and Jitterbug eat into your seniors market.  You asked for it!