Virgin Mobile

The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Enthusiast

Re: The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

@jeffc wrote:

Hi, @JonathanMurray! Be aware, as an existing customer, you have the option to buy and Android device on the website. You can check out the phones via this link: https://www4.virginmobileusa.com/#!/shop/phones/@Android/. 

And let's be serious here.  Why would anyone want to buy an android on a service that has already announced it will no longer support the phone?  So far, there's no indication that we'll ever be able to simply "migrate" to boost.  That service does not support our sim-less phones, and offers no plans that are comparable.  If my current phone dies without a real option in place, I'll be shopping your competition.  You've left me no choice.

- Jonathan Murray

VM customer since Nov 3, 2010

Agent

Understood, be aware nothing will happen to your service with Virgin. We will continue to provide service and support for our existing Android customers and we have no plans to discontinue service or support to this valued group of our customer base.

Enthusiast

Wow! Have been a customer since 2001 and always had Androids.  I just joined the "community" today to ask a question about my current phone and came across this post.  Otherwise, I would not have known about the demise of the Androids. VERY disappointed.  Don't think I will stay with Virgin Mobile.

Whiz Kid

Way to get rid of half of your customer base! Bad move virgin mobile. When my J7 dies out, I’ll definitely be switching providers and it definitely won’t be boost mobile. I’ll never be caught dead with a **bleep**ty iPhone. What a major disappointment. You have morons running your company.

Whiz Kid

I also have to agree with you.  I simply will not use Apple products if I can ever help it.  If Virgin Mobile were to one day stop supporting the Android platform I will switch immediately.

Whiz Kid

So, just to be clear. I can drop $600 on a Galaxy S8 today, July 19 2018, and keep my service (and $35 plan) with Virgin Mobile INDEFINITELY? I keep phones for 3-4 years. Can you guarantee that I will have the same service, quality, unlimited data, price, and support for as long as 3-4 years? That NOTHING will change for as long as I own the phone? I will lose my marbles and raise holy hell if I find out a year from now my $600 phone is useless.

After this hypothetical S8 dies on me, I will obviously have to find a new provider, but I'd like to put that stress off for a few more years. I hate Apple products.

Agent

Hello, @MichelleLee. Don't worry, we'll still offer assistance toour Android users, we may don't sell the devices in a near future. But, as long as your service is active with us you will be able to use it. 

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

Elitist platform. Company thinks Iphone users are financially better off than Android users. I personally know many Iphone users that can't pay their bills and their credit rating is zilch. (They are the ones asking us for credit all of the time). I liken Iphone and Android to the old VHS vs Beta years ago. VHS became the accepted platform. I feel Virgin Mobile Elitist Company is using their position to manipulate their investment in Apple Stock shares. Just my opinion.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Interesting addendum: logged into my VM account on pc today to update billing information. Was redirected to "assurance wireless brought to you by virgin mobile" with no links to the regular vm site, this forum, or much else. Checked the store, found a list of craptastic phones and a service marketed to old people who've fallen and can't get up. This is how VM gets rid of us. We've been lied to repeatedly.

We understand your concern, JonathanMurray, and we apologize. Did you accessed this link ?