Virgin Mobile

The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Rising Star

Re: The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

All I have to say is - Hello T-Mobile

bg1
Whiz Kid

I bought a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone from VM online several years ago. I have had no problems with it and have been very Happy with VM. My Daughter bought the same Phone thru Boost Mobile and from day one she had nothing but problems with the phone. They wouldn't ler her return it or exchange it, She just lost the money she paid for the phone. Sister Company or not why would I take my business there?   Sounds like you want only customers who have alot of money to blow. THAT'S NOT ME! Even if it was I would take my business elsewhere for the simple fact that Your Customers were not informed of this. 

Agent

Hi, bg1! Virgin Mobile will continue to provide service and support for its existing Android customers and we have no plans to discontinue service or support to this valued group of our customer base. Also, Virgin Mobile will support new Android phone purchases for new customers and upgrades for existing customers in national retail locations such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target, through the fall of 2018.

Enthusiast

Is it at all possible for VM users to keep their existing # when switching to Boost? This is the biggest issue I have with this whole "transition".I've had this # for nearly 15 years and kept it when switching from Verizon contract to VM.  I've been told we can't keep the same # due to it being the same parent company.

Agent

Hi, Amikia! Yes, you can migrate your Virgin Mobile phone number to Boost Mobile.

Enthusiast

Thanks, thats great news! Is there a way to walk the folks at a boost store through doing it? I went in and asked last week, they didn't think they could, but given the changes happening they suggested I ask VM support before committing to switching over and ask for a walk through if possible.  LOL 

Agent

Yes, they can contact the Dealer Support line to process the migration.

Enthusiast

I can understand not offering a million different phones that have to be supported...but I can not see how making us buy IPhones only out right makes any sense. I mean the whole point of being prepaid is to be affordable for most people and the only ones that look affordable are the out of date older models of iphones. Would it not make sense to at least offer Samsung phones since they are the most popular android phones? Im an HTC guy myself, but would be more than willing to settle on a Samsung product that way i can keep ALL the photos, settings and everything else that I have invested into the platform over the years. Tsk tsk

Whiz Kid

I am so confused you say "We’ll continue to provide plans, software updates, top-up cards, “My Account” access at virginmobileusa.com, and customer service, indefinitely." and say we can still buy our Android phones through stores such as best buy,   so say I get a new phone right now March 4 2018 I will not have any issues come December 2018 (Just throwing dates out) I will even continue to have service in 2019 as long as I have my phone (per some one elses question and your response to them) .. However what if say Feb 2019 my phone breaks and I have to get another one, can I still go to best buy and buy any of their Virgin mobile android phones,even if it is not the same model and brand as the previous,  and log into my VM account and swap out the phone and still have service like I always have? 

The reason I am asking is because I have been looking into other Service providers since you mentioned doing away with Androids months ago on facebook But here is the problem with that and this includes your sister company Boost Mobile, they all tell me I can't port my phone number over because I am already on Sprint Network, When I check on Boost Mobile to see if my phone is able to be brought over to their company they tell me I'm on their network already an it won't let me do it! The second issue is almost all non contract pay as you go companies use Sprint network. I can't use T Mobile for what ever reason I've treid I get no service what so ever , AT&T and Verizon cost too much and I hate Straight Talk and I don't like TrackFone either so Virgin Mobile was the only one I ever wanted to use. and I have no use for a Iphone! 

Master

Will you offering the new Samsung Galaxy S9? Its coming out this month. I read its coming out to Virgin Mobile Australia. But no signs of it coming to the USA since you guys are going iPhone exclusive.

Many of us want to get the new Galaxy S9 phone and Boost Mobile your sister site is the only one offering them.