Virgin Mobile

The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Master

Re: The Future of Android and Virgin Mobile USA

Just got the S9 today. I have not swap it on my account yet. I will need to put on a screen protector over the weekend, swap the SD Card. And then I will go into my account and do the Phone swap.GalaxyS9.jpg

Whiz Kid

You should be able to keep $35/month plan even after swtiching to a new android. You may not be able to activate the phone using the website, but if you call into Virgin Mobile's customer service they are very helpful and will set up the account and activate the phone. When I bought my new LG a few months ago I was having problems activating it but the people in customer service were able to activate it for me and set it up on the $35/month plan. 

Master

I was able to Swap to the S9 using the website. Smiley Happy

So if i buy a spare LG X Power phone from Virgin Mobile's online store and stash it away in a drawer for the future,  will i be able to activate it on my account in 2019 or 2021 in the event that my current X Power dies in a few years?   

Whiz Kid

Still no news on the deal being worked up with Boost?

Agent

Hi there, @VincePf! Thanks for reaching out. As soon as we're done creating these new deals Android customers, this post will be updated. 

Whiz Kid

I agree with Jef.  I have been a long time customer of Virgin Mobile and I like the service.  To stop selling Androids and only sell IPhones!!!!!  I may have to change carriers also. 

I am really upset!!

Marguerite Bridges

Agent

Hey, mbridges!  Trust and believe — we are working on the best solution possible for our Android users so that you can continue to have great service and access to the hottest new Android devices. In the meantime, please stay tuned for the latest news and updates on this topic here:  https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/bd-p/other

Whiz Kid

Hello,

Does "At this time, we do not support Bring Your Own or carrier-free Android devices" mean that in the future, you will? Are there plans for this? If so, how soon? Your answer will help me decide if I can wait before I switch to another carrier who can sell me a working SIM card for my unlocked and unattached Android device. 

Thank you.

Agent

Hey there! No news on that yet, but keep checking!