Virgin Mobile

Unable to send or receive MMS messaging nor get on Internet without WiFi

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

Unable to send or receive MMS messaging nor get on Internet without WiFi

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Refine phone with the Unlimited Talk/Text/Data 10GB plan.

I cannot send MMS messages, nor can I receive them.  I also cannot access the internet unless I am on WiFi.  I have made sure that I have mobile data on so that I can “access the internet through my mobile network” I also made sure that Auto retrieve and roaming auto retrieve are on.

I have tried to enable MMS messaging manually and all the access points are grayed out.

Any idea what is wrong or how this can be fixed?  I never had this problem with any other phone bought through Virgin Mobile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: Unable to send or receive MMS messaging nor get on Internet without WiFi

I never got a message, it just would not upload anything.  I have figured it out by mistake though.  I went to Apps, then Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks and then Network Mode.  It was originally set to Automatic, so I switched it to CDMA.  That did nothing, so I switched it back to Automatic.  It asked to restart the phone, I clicked ok and when the phone turned back on, I tried it out and it works great now.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Sorry to hear that, AthenaShaw. Let's do some investigating. Do you get an error message when you try to use the internet?

Whiz Kid

I never got a message, it just would not upload anything.  I have figured it out by mistake though.  I went to Apps, then Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks and then Network Mode.  It was originally set to Automatic, so I switched it to CDMA.  That did nothing, so I switched it back to Automatic.  It asked to restart the phone, I clicked ok and when the phone turned back on, I tried it out and it works great now.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

View solution in original post

DMA
Whiz Kid

@AthenaShaw  My daughter was having the same problem on her LG.  She and her dad and a number of her very tech-savvy friends did EVERYTHING trying to figure out how to get those features to work.  Finally, my husband just called Virgin Mobile and paid additional money to get them turned on... and we were charged TWICE for it.  That happened once before, as well, with a different issue... hubby called to make a change, and we were double charged for it.  BOTH TIMES he tried repeatedly to call back and get the double charge corrected and a credit to our account, but both times he was unable to get through to a real person.  Overall we've been pretty pleased with our Virgin Mobile service (have had it for about 7 years), but these little things add up over time and we're considering making a switch because we're tired of having to pay extra money for something we thought we already had... and then DOUBLE the extra money, no less, and unable to get it corrected because we can't get a real person to do something about it.  Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get your features working "by accident" and didn't have to pay extra (or double extra!).