Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Hub, notification since installing Oreo update

Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile Hub, notification since installing Oreo update

I have exactly the same problem after the latest Android update. Virgin Mobile Hub suddenly appeared but it is not listed when I look at my list of apps. I can disable it (with no ill effect), but then my phone is rebooted, the Virgin Mobile Hub is running again. Come on Virgin Mobile, you should be able to figure out what the Virgin Mobile Hub is and tell us how to get rid of it.

Agent

Hi, @javaman! The Virgin Mobile Hub app is another name for My Account app. My Account app is a free pre-installed application that provides:

• Up-to-date information on VMU promotions
  • Direct access to the self-service options - My Account
  • Customer news
  • Device simulations and scenario-specific FAQs
  • Network Troubleshooting/Issue reporting options

Because the Virgin Mobile Hub is a default app, it cannot be uninstalled. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Whiz Kid

My problem with this application is the constant notifications that it is using the battery. I don't care if it is using the battery, I don't want to see notifications about it. Can I turn off this notification? I have looked and have not been able to find how to do this.

Agent

Sorry to hear that, PaulinSF. This is a software feature. How to disable Android Oreo’s persistent “using battery” notification steps:
1.Unlock your device running Android Oreo
2.Swipe down on the notification shade, fully exposing the “using battery” notification
3.Long press on the notification until it changes and shows a toggle
4.Tap on the toggle, making sure that it’s grayed out
5.Select Done to disable the “using battery” notification

Whiz Kid

Thank you, found it, done.

Highlighted
Master

I'm getting that message after the upgraded as well on a Samsung Galaxy S7. It's not a notification you can clear so it's an active process that appears to be hung. If you bring up my account app the notification message goes away. But the minute you close the My Account app the notification comes back. So I'm guessing there is some compatibility issue with the latest upgrade that causes the my account app to hang.
Agent

Hey, @Sbond! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to look into it. Can you please describe the notification icon? Is it the My Account App notification? If so, have you tried to clear the cache for the My Account App in the App Manager from the Settings?

Master

"Virgin Mobile Hub is using battery".. and then under that another layer that says "requests are processing".. You can't see what those requests are and you cannot swipe away the notification because it's an active process. Yes I tried clearing the cache and that does work until the next time you open the app or try updating your profile, PRL, etc. Not always, sometimes it finishes. But more times than not it Just hangs with that message. Never finishing and the battery goes down rather quickly. I did take a screenshot of what I'm seeing.
Agent

That's for the information. Please send us the screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Whiz Kid

Hey have you figured this out? My husband's phone is doing the same thing