Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile Hub, notification since installing Oreo update

Agent

Re: Virgin Mobile Hub, notification since installing Oreo update

Hello, Cfit. We're sorry to know that you're experiencing this issue. We're still investigating this further. Have you tried any troubleshooting provided previously in this thread to fix it?

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue.  The Virgin Mobile Hub app (aka My Account) is constantly showing "requests are in process".  I force stop it, but it keeps coming back and my battery is draining a lot faster now after the update.  

Agent

Hi, JennaLeeS. We're sorry about the trouble! Let's get this thing figured out. What is the make and model of your phone? When did this first start? How often does it happen?

Master

I'm happy to say that this issue appears to have resolved itself on its own. Repeated cache and data cleaning was initially to no avail. But now you can see a notification like before but it finishes within a few seconds. So for my issue it would appear that the upgrade is just more sensitive with notifications so now I see the Hub working but it finishes very quickly so I'm saying my problem is resolved just being patient for a couple of days after the upgrade thank you for the help
Agent

Thanks for sharing, Sbond! We're glad that we could help resolve your issue. We remain at your service.

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue since updating my Galaxy last night.

"Virgin Mobile Hub" does not show in the Apps unless you click on "Show System Apps" in the menu

It has a "Force Stop" button, but the "Disable" button is greyed out and cannot be used.

I have clicked on "Force Stop" multiple times, but it keeps restarting itself immediately. Woman Mad

I have cleared the Cache and Configurations, but they keep coming back. Woman Frustrated

It says "1.6 MB of 2.6 GB used on average in the last 3 hours.  That's when I have NOT been using my phone! I want it GONE.

I could turn off the notifications, but that doesn't stop the app from draining my battery. Woman Mad

Like I need more apps draining my battery!?  How can I get rid of this nuisance App?

I find it truly disconcerting that nobody seems to have a good answer for this.

Master Reset is not a good option, when this is something that Virgin Mobile intentionally added, and restting probably won't make it go away.

Enthusiast

The draining battery is really annoying. Virgin Mobile this is ridiculous. I have been a customer for many, many years. Help us get rid of this.

Whiz Kid

I am having the same issue since taking the update this morning.  Constant notifications that Virgin Mobile Hub is using battery, appears to be stuck.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Model # SM-G930P

Software version G930PVPU6CRE7

Hardware version REV0.6

Android Version 8.0.0

Kernel Version 3.18.71-13585094

I attached screenshots of the issue since those were asked for as well.Screenshot_20180629-142113_Samsung Experience Home.jpgScreenshot_20180629-142134_Samsung Experience Home.jpgScreenshot_20180629-142146_Settings.jpg

Need a fix for this ASAP!

Agent

Hi!

When Google first rolled out Android Oreo, a persistent notification came with it that displayed all of the apps that were running in the background. With the release of the Android 8.1 Developer Preview, this notification has now been renamed to “using battery” and allows users to disable it from always showing (even on 8.0). Here’s how to do just that:

1.- Unlock your device
2.- Swipe down on the notification shade, fully exposing the “using battery” notification
3.- Long press on the notification until it changes and shows a toggle
4.- Tap on the toggle, making sure that it’s grayed out
5.- Select Done to disable the “using battery” notification

Or you can also try:

Settings > Apps > 3 Dots upper right > Show system apps > Android System > Notifications > Tap the words "Apps Consuming Battery" (or you can toggle the switch off) > Importance > Low.

We hope this information helps!

EdwinRG.

Whiz Kid

Edwin,

Simply stopping the notification isn't going to prevent the app from draining battery.... we need a better solution, I can tell a difference in my battery life.  Another poster said the same as well..

Thanks