Virgin Mobile

Virgin Mobile is Killing Android users

Heavy Hitter

Virgin Mobile is Killing Android users

At leats half cell phone users dont like Apple products. I am one of them.  I see Apple trying to manipulate a monopoly here with Virgin Mobile only allowing new subscribers to pay a high priced piece of plastic with multiple apps on the phone they may never even use.  Virgin Mobile was recognized as one of the best no contract carriers many years ago. By now forcing new users to use apple products they are also forcing a plan starting at 50.00.  With more compitition for the cell phone market this is a very bad move by Virgin Mobile USA and Sprint.  I for one will never use an Apple product.  I dont like their software. They are over priced just for a name.  Android has many brand offerings for phones.  iphone has one which is Apple.  Big mistake Virgin Mobile.  You may lose 50% of your business.  When my phone comes up for replacement. I am dumping Virgin Mobile. I will not be forced to use Apple.  

16 REPLIES 16
Agent

Re: Virgin Mobile is Killing Android users

Hi firemanemt.

Virgin Mobile has always been characterized by making this type of bold moves with great success in most cases, because we enjoy doing what's best for our best asset (our awesome customers). We're here giving everybody an almost free entry to a new paradigm in the telecommunications services. Linking the best of Virgin Mobile worldwide into a single/amazing product and using the most popular phone platform that exists, which has proven to be number 1  in the market for more than 10 years. We're just starting (there's still a whole lot more to come), and we'd love you joined us in this great journey.

Our invitation is still open!

EdwinRG.

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Hi @firemanemt, I just want to echo @EdwinRG here, and also say we still love our Android customers!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile is Killing Android users... I AGREE!!!

Agreed that VM has decided to execute "Android People". They forgot to realize that there are as many Android only fas as there are Crapple iJunk fans. I will never use their products. I won't be a lemming like the rest of the Apple fanboys. I have been with VM for well over 10 years. I unfortunately never saw this coming. I just recently added a years worth of money to my account so that each month, the service would be updated without having to worry about forgetting to repay each month for service. Now I have to wait for about 10 more months that I have "prepaid" for since VM doesn't refund for paying ahead. I truly loved my service and my Android phone. So this coming April 2018, I will be switching to a different carrier that still loves having Android useres on their network. I will NOT switch to boost or sprint since I feel that I got stabbed in the back by a carrier that I used to tell al my friends and family about. My service area has great speed and coverage. I don't care how they try to put makeup on the pig, it's still a pig. Apple may make a good product, but I will never buy one. So, I will most likely be going to a Verizon based Android phone on either post or pre-paid. My work phone is a contract Verizon phone that works very well in my area. I'm not a big fan of ATT. I originally left them about 10 years ago and came to VM. I have been happy all that time. Now, I will be among the base of Android fans leaving as soon as I can. VM should hope that they replace more than they lose, but forcing only one phone brand and only one plan is cellular suicide. This is the final deathblow to the company. It is only a matter of time until they are all done. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way. Many of us will migrate away from VM and other carriers will be glad to take us. I am sure of that and sad to see VM making a horrible choice, but as with Corporate America, the CEO will probably get a bonus, employees will lose jobs, and in the end it's the customer who get screwed! So long VM, as soon as my account balance runs out, I'm outta here!!!!!

Whiz Kid

Re: Virgin Mobile is Killing Android users... I AGREE!!!

WizKid2000,

I am also shocked as I never saw this coming. I dont understand how VM came up with their decision and turning to apple only devices. I have been and Android user since the Verizon Motorola Droid 1. I remember when I first rooted that phone and installed an ICS Rom when FroYo was the latest official Rom. Why would I want to go with an iPhone? Even Apple turned to Intel processors and since then they took off.  Oh well, VM is losing out on good customers. 

Nice to have thought I knew you Virgin Mobile, you sure fooled me.

Goodbye

Whiz Kid

Sprint is about to merge with T-Mobile. That may bring android phones back into the fold!

Whiz Kid

Wow, you people at VM really do NOT get it!!! The day Android goes, is the day massive amounts of your biz goes. Android users are NOT iphone users.  BTW, Just saw an interview with Richard Branson on tv, and for someone who is proud of his humble roots and beginnings, the iphone elitist move sure seems to be exactly the opposite of the image he would like to portray. 

Whiz Kid

Since when is Bold alienating 54% of mobile phone users in the US ?
Unless bold = dumb
Agent

Hi, Danham! Virgin Mobile will support new Android phone purchases for new customers and upgrades for existing customers in national retail locations such as Walmart, Best Buy and Target, through the fall of 2018. However, after the fall of 2018, Virgin Mobile will stop selling new Android phones. Virgin Mobile will continue to provide service and support for its existing Android customers and we have no plans to discontinue service or support to this valued group of our customer base.

Whiz Kid

I was shopping for a new phone today and found out virgin is dumping Android. Unbelievable. Who thought this was a good idea? Just so you know, Android is an operating system and not a phone brand. With this simple knowledge, comparing apples to Android fails to take into account that one is a brand of phone and the other is a brand of operating system. Offering only one brand of any product, be it phones or Sctoch tape is a fools game. I will not be surprised when news leaks out about a certain executive that received a bonus (formally know as a kickback, and formally illegal) from apples, for kicking Android to the curb. Anyone who owns stock in Virgin should sell before the next quarterly earnings report. It's better to take a haircut now than to try and ride out this sinking ship. Think about this, virgin is going to offer LESS options in the future! When has LESS options ever been a good thing? Who's hair brained idea was this? Send him to my office after he cleans out his desk. Richard? Was this you? Richard, do you mind if I call you **bleep**? Buddy, put down the Champagne. I need your full attention here. Some subordinate has scuddled the ship buddy! It's all hands on deck! We're going down bro! Shame actually, I was a happy customer. Was being the opportive word.