Virgin Mobile

Voicemail notifications not working/Notifications turn off after reboot

Whiz Kid

Voicemail notifications not working/Notifications turn off after reboot

I recently switched to the Galaxy A20 (and I like it for the most part) from Galaxy J7.  I had issues with my J7 not showing voicemails (no icon notification, no numbers showing up in the app to even let me know I had a vm) and so had Virgin customer service reset my vm so that the notifications would show.

Voicemail reset:  still no notifications.  ALL notifications are turned on, I do not know what to do.  I need this function as I am negotiating a home repair and job hunting, so super need this.

ALSO, a "feature" on the A20 is that it likes to reboot itself every night when it's plugged in.  Upon reboot, the notifications volume is turned off.  I will look down at my phone after a while and realise that I have 50 new messages (and 10 from my mom, who is convinced I'm dead) because the notifcations volume has been muted.

Any help with either issue would be great.

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: Voicemail notifications not working/Notifications turn off after reboot

Hello, @PastryPrincess. Thank you for stopping by. Could you please send us a private message to further assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Whiz Kid

Re: Voicemail notifications not working/Notifications turn off after reboot

Solution:  Went to settings | system updates | update profile and now voicemail notification, voicemail app works.  Still no resolution on the notifications sounds being turned off after phone reboot.