Virgin Mobile

We Still Love Our Android Users!

Whiz Kid

Re: We Still Love Our Android Users!

I was actually considering switching to Boost before I found out about this 'announcement' (buried in a support thread). I spoke with a rep at a Boost company store yesterday and was informed that my wife and I would have to get new phones and new numbers if we wanted to switch to Boost. Why? We've been with Virgin for 15+ years-with the same phone numbers. Our phones are less than a year old. If they are on the same network, why can't we keep our phones and numbers? I don't get it. So for now, our numbers are held hostage by Virgin. This seems to me like a very bad deal. I'm sorry we didn't move away from Virgin earlier.

Agent

We understand your frustration. Please know that we will continue to support our current Android users to ensure that you have the best service options and access to the newest Android devices! Current Android customers will still have the option of getting the hottest new Android devices simply by signing into MyAccount on the Virgin Mobile USA website through mid-2018. In the meantime, please stay tuned for the latest news and updates on this topic here: https://community.virginmobileusa.com/t5/Android-Devices/bd-p/other.

Enthusiast

Just bought 2 new androud phones. Been a customer for 12 or so years. This sucks.
Enthusiast

Oh yeah...thanks for the heads up Virgin.
Whiz Kid

It is unfortunate that Virgin is going IPhone exclusive, at least, it is for us Android users. However, I appreciate how professional Virgin is being with this decision by providing us Android users with a smooth transition. I am looking forward to switching over to Boost, and am grateful for the service Virgin has provided until that point. 

Highlighted
Agent

We really appreciate that, Mike91doby. Rest assure we remain at your service. If you have any question, or concern just let us know.