Virgin Mobile

What gives VM? Where's the marshmallow update for MOTO G3?

SOLVED
Whiz Kid

What gives VM? Where's the marshmallow update for MOTO G3?

I bought the MOTO G3 because there was the promise that it was updateable to marshmallow.  When talking with tech support, they informed me that VM has not done a marshmallow update forthe MOTO G 3rd gen.  Come on VM.  It's out there.  Motorola rolled one about a year ago and the other carriers have rolled theirs out.  Is VM only about the sale and can't follow-up with service and support? VM needs to get on the ball.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: What gives VM? Where's the marshmallow update for MOTO G3?

I'm sorry for the missinformation. If the Marshmallow update is was not installed automatically, then you need to got to Setting > about device > software update. And it will download the latest update for the device. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Whiz Kid

Yep.  I received the update the other day, when I went to run it, I found out I needed to clear some memory.  Did that, but now the update has disappeared.

Agent

I'm sorry for the missinformation. If the Marshmallow update is was not installed automatically, then you need to got to Setting > about device > software update. And it will download the latest update for the device. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy