Virgin Mobile

You don't have those of u number for everything whatever they give it to us but we don't get anythin

Enthusiast

You don't have those of u number for everything whatever they give it to us but we don't get anythin

My discussion is a lot of android guys have been here longer than most of the Apple peope if you guys remember way back when they were going to make all us Android people leave I've been looking for prices and they can't give us a small boneless slow and when you got to call them it's like pulling nails I actually mess up on something I bought they didn't charge me like nine times and they told me I got to wait I'm going to wait I need to go with a thousand dollars I'm thinking that we all should start but not forgotten about how the customer service is whether customers are charter customer service making me nice to the customers and give us best Android people better prices on n phone's I was watching a YouTube video today and they were talking about yeahhe basically said exactly what I'm about to tell you guys he said that there was a way I could get them to the curb and make them supposed to be I would do it I was going to suspended 200 hours a month on a plan I got myself talk myself out of it because that is a lot of money that's not including the phone rental Samsung every year for whatever and I have to get insurance and the phone was like 1700 but even that how was your new customer and they were going to give me at least 20% off all right why can't Virgin Mobile treat their customers better just a little bit better so little respect listen to what I say