Virgin Mobile

ZTE MAX XL SCREEN SLEEPS AFTER 5 SECONDS NO MATTER THE SETTINGS

Enthusiast

ZTE MAX XL SCREEN SLEEPS AFTER 5 SECONDS NO MATTER THE SETTINGS

I purchase a zte max xl last night and I've had several android and zte phones and this is the first one that the screen sleeps within seconds even after i set it to 30 minutes. I have to constantly unlock my screen, every 5 seconds. It's extreme frustrating. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise I'll not be able to use it.
9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Re: ZTE MAX XL SCREEN SLEEPS AFTER 5 SECONDS NO MATTER THE SETTINGS

Hello, @Pmtbrady. Thank you for stopping by. When did you purchase the phone? Please let us know. We're here to help. -Kira_M.

Enthusiast

Hi Kira. I bought is around 7 or 8 last night at Walmart. I already had another Zte phone but I didn't like the sound/video quality and small screen which is why I bought the max xl. So you can imagine how frustrating it is that the screen sleeps every 5 seconds. I eventually removed the pin lock because that was even more aggravating lol.

I really like this model because of the screen size, video and sound quality. So I'm really hoping it can be fixed.

Thanks Kira,
Paige

Agent

HI there @Pmtbrady. Set the sleep for the desired time and restart the phone. Let us know how this works out.

Enthusiast

Ok I'll do that right now.
Enthusiast

Agent

Hey there! Did it work?

Enthusiast

Hi Carla. No it didn't. I don't know what else to do if this is something y'all cannot figure out. I don't know what the return policies are for cell phones at Walmart since it's an opened package. If they'll even accept it or if I'll have to excajne it for another max xl. From I read last night (on a different android forum) other people have been having the same problem but I was unable to find in the threads of their problem was fixed. Do you know if this has come up before and was able to be fixed?

What do you think I should do?
Highlighted
Agent

Not really. In this case, if you want to return the phone, please visit the store where you purchase the phone. 

Enthusiast

Okay. I'm going to give them a call first to make sure they'll take it because I'll have to remove my stuff from the phone.

Thanks for your time and trying to help!