Virgin Mobile

blank text messages from 9016

Enthusiast

blank text messages from 9016

Frequent blank text messages from 9016 on my Moto g6 play? Anyone know what the heck?
12 REPLIES 12

Re: blank text messages from 9016

Let’s get this thing figured out. Can you please confirm, is this an error message you are receiving?

Enthusiast

Does not say or have any info with it, just blank except for the 9016 and comes at least once a day.

We understand. Did you update your phone's software recently? Do you use visual voicemail?

Enthusiast

Can't remember when the last update was and no I don't have visual voicemail.

Understood. We ask this because and error with a software update, or with voicemail services can cause this. We recommend to try dialing a network update. Please dial ##72786# and wait 3 minutes while your device turns off and on and completes the network update. Please check the service after this and keep us updated with the results.

Enthusiast

I tried to dial ##72786# but it says it is an invalid number or code.

We understand. Could you please to make someone call you and leave a voicemail on your phone. Please tell us if you do this and if you get a message from the 9016 a few minutes after this.

Enthusiast

I had someone leave a voicemail and I did not get one of those texts yet. It also didn't even tell me they left a voicemail, it just showed I had a missed call.
Enthusiast

Just after I sent the last reply I got one of the blank text messages.