Virgin Mobile

can't make or receive calls or messages!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

can't make or receive calls or messages!

My Friend and I who knows a little more about tech than I do decided to remove apps from my phone that I don't use, we thought if we do this my mobile data wouldn't get used up within a week or so? I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime, Monday afternoon I shut off my phone and turned it back on and now I can't make or receive calls or messages, I've done a hard reset, I actually went to the Samsung website thinking it was the phone, which after they worked on it remotely they told me to contact the carrier. Can anyone HELP??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: can't make or receive calls or messages!

Thanks ! I'm just going to switch phones on Monday.

7 REPLIES 7
Agent

Hi Mark! Sorry to hear you're having issues with that phone.  Since we're going to be looking into your account, please send us a Private Message, and we'll be happy to get this sorted out for you!

Enthusiast

Thanks ! I'm just going to switch phones on Monday.

Enthusiast

It's 08/01/2018, in a previous reply I stated I would change phones and that's exactly what I did! It's the phone I recieved when I started VM, and the only issues I have is it keeps updating almost daily but I don't know alot about what Apps I need or which ones I can uninstall? I rarely use the online features on my phone, but do send texts and ocassionally pics or that once a year email. Basically I didn't really fix my other phone, I just bypassed it.

Agent

Sorry to hear that @Mark5463. Are you getting an error message when you try to make a call or send a text? If yes, can you please let us know what's the error message.

Whiz Kid

Help is no longer needed?

Be Happy Robot Happy
Enthusiast

My phone is was able to make calls but i had no data i saw a post that told me to put a number to restart phone and that just made it worst cause now i cant call or text and i still dont have data.
Agent

We understand your frustration, Zayy954, & we apologize for the inconvenience! We value your privacy and security. Due to the nature of your concern, we would like to authenticate your account, but for us to do this in a secure way we need to take this to a private channel where we can discuss private account information. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, click on any of the social care agents user names and select the option send this user a private message.