Virgin Mobile

getting messages from sender i don't know.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

getting messages from sender i don't know.

hello, i'm a new user as of 7 days ago. i'm getting message from someone piriodically that gives that persons travel speed, posted road speed, and direction. 16 messages since i activated my phone. do not know the person or location, but i do know their speed, direction, and the posted road speed? how do i get these to stop. soory for spelling, one arm is in a sling. thanks dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: getting messages from sender i don't know.

Hi there! You can block messages by sending a text message to the number 9999. On the body of the message, you would type BLOCK followed by the full 10 digit number that you wish to block. 

5 REPLIES
Agent

Hi there! You can block messages by sending a text message to the number 9999. On the body of the message, you would type BLOCK followed by the full 10 digit number that you wish to block. 

Whiz Kid

Thank You, I will try that. Must have been sent to prior user of that number. It is new for me. Thanks Dave

Whiz Kid

Thank You! Trying it now.

Whiz Kid

I think the solution provided by the community is working, Thank You Very Much....Gotta lot to learn about this new phone. Thanks Again!

Agent

You are always welcome. If you need to know anything, please let us know. Thanks.