Virgin Mobile

how do i import photos from phone to computer

Whiz Kid

how do i import photos from phone to computer

Please tell me how toimport photos from an LG Aspire to a laptop.  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Agent

Re: how do i import photos from phone to computer

Hey there @m6gm05 You can transfer your pictures and files by using a USB cable. Here are the steps you meed follow:

1. Firstly, plug in the Android USB cable to connect your LG phone to the computer. The computer will instantly detect your LG phone.
2. Then, go to My Computer and open the LG drive. As you see, the photos that you shoot are saved in DCIM folder.
3. And then, open this folder and drag and drop your favorite photos to the computer.

Please, let us know, if this works.

~ Joy P.

Whiz Kid

Since it is an android device, you already have a google account. With that account, you have access to google photos. This is an app & online storage(in the cloud). You can upload the photos to google photos and they would be accessible from any computer, phone or tablet(android or IOS) that you log onto with your google account (gmail).

Hope this helps. 

Whiz Kid

I have answered this question before. All the rest of the answers here are partial answers. There are several answers to transferring from phone to computer, or vice versa. The obvious are usb cable from phone to computer. The second is cloud service. The third, it is dependant on a couple factors. They are does your phone have a micro SD card slot available, and does it have a micro SD card in it? If no, then you need one, they are relatively inexpensive. Make sure you get the largest one you can for your phone. Install it, and enjoy the space. You can get a few free apps that can help with moving items from your phone memory to your SD card. They are limits to them, but they are fairly easy to use. However, there are limits to them. Like you can't move everything to your card. Before I digress further, you can set up your camera, through settings, to put all your photos on the card, rather than in the phone's memory. Then you can move them from your SD card to computer anytime you want from there. If you don't have a SD card slot, then you can ignore the above method, and just use either a cloud service or USB cable.

Master

Can't you import photos from phone to computer via usb cable in MTP mode? If not, try phone data manager tool. With its help, you can access all photos and transfer them to computer. 

Whiz Kid

Using Android assistant program is efficient.With it, you can connect your cell phone to computer and backup all data,including photos, from your device to your computer with one simple click. 

Yalida almost filled in a blank. When you plug the USB cable into the computer, watch your phone. It will likely show what mode it is using to connect ( Charge Only, MTP, PTP, etc ). I think it is normal to connect only for charging and you need to find how to change the mode for file exchange ( varies by phone ).