Virgin Mobile

how to back up contacts and photos from old Samsung flip phone

SOLVED
Ena
Enthusiast

how to back up contacts and photos from old Samsung flip phone

I have had VM service for 8 years and built up a contact list of 115 entries. How can I back these up? I wouldn't mind backing up the few photos I have taken as well.

I have available a Mac computer or Samsung tablet. I don't want to back my files up to another phone now, just save to review, update and import at least some to Gmail.

This phone has only a special charging port (wall or auto) and no SD card port, although it does have Bluetooth.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ena
Enthusiast

Re: how to back up contacts and photos from old Samsung flip phone

Samsung says it can't be done. Just finished a chat. Think I need a manual spreadsheet at this point for contacts, can email photos one by one.

7 REPLIES 7
Ena
Enthusiast

I can easily pair the phone with my Mac, but get the response that the phone doesn't have the right services to do a Bluetooth file transfer. Reading elsewhere online suggests that VM might disable the feature. Any ideas?

Sensei

Using Samsung Smart Switch.

If you also have them attached to your Google Account there is no need to worry. As they carryover everytime you switch device. Reset. Or even need to log into google to view one.
-Josh the Virgin Mobile Expert
Ena
Enthusiast

Phone is too old. I can't even connect to Virgin XXL or the internet on it. Software version is "M340DG30." Hardware is M340.03, PRL is 31001, browser is Openwave v7.2.7.2.510, and gives 404 error when I say "get more apps." Believe the Samsung Transfer software works on Android OS.

Sensei

There shoukd be a samsung app that you can download called smart switch on Computer too that should work. I use both OS Smart Switch and OX Smart Switch
Ena
Enthusiast

Not attached to my Google account, just photos and just phone numbers. I have a legacy plan (minute-to-minute) and a legacy phone, alas.

Sensei

Im going to shoot you a message. Look forward to seeing it soon.

Josh
Ena
Enthusiast

Samsung says it can't be done. Just finished a chat. Think I need a manual spreadsheet at this point for contacts, can email photos one by one.