Virgin Mobile

lg stylo 3 can not hear unless speaker is on

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

lg stylo 3 can not hear unless speaker is on

lg stylo 3 can not hear caller unless speaker is on and it is very static also.  Anyone else having this problem and did you find a fix?  I uninstalled ok google because a few web sites reccommended that so I have to wait until I get a call to see if it helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Whiz Kid

Re: lg stylo 3 can not hear unless speaker is on

Issue fixed (I think!)  LG support techs don't pick up phone calls, so I was told to either ship the phone to them so they could troubleshoot OR call back on a different phone and they will do a sysetem reset.  I went to my son-in-laws (Jim) house to use his phone to call them back and do the reset.  I got there and he said first can I look at your phone?  He had me call him on his phone and he listened and evaluated all the back and forth calls.  His conclusion:  1st re: low sound on regular speaker was "just hold the phone to your ear"  DUH he is right.  2nd: regarding putting the phone on speaker:  he said that "the speakers on the cell phone are very small so by putting the speaker sound at full will overload the little speaker and distort the sound.  Just lower the speaker sound a little bit and the sound will be clear.  Double DUH he is right!  RESOLVED

4 REPLIES
Agent

Hey there @biggy43 Are you still having issues with the device?

~JoyP.

Whiz Kid

No one has called me so I was just going to call LG support and see if the sound is ok and if not see if they can help me.  I will reply to you again JoyP after I've done so.  Thank you for your response.  "talk" later.

Whiz Kid

Issue fixed (I think!)  LG support techs don't pick up phone calls, so I was told to either ship the phone to them so they could troubleshoot OR call back on a different phone and they will do a sysetem reset.  I went to my son-in-laws (Jim) house to use his phone to call them back and do the reset.  I got there and he said first can I look at your phone?  He had me call him on his phone and he listened and evaluated all the back and forth calls.  His conclusion:  1st re: low sound on regular speaker was "just hold the phone to your ear"  DUH he is right.  2nd: regarding putting the phone on speaker:  he said that "the speakers on the cell phone are very small so by putting the speaker sound at full will overload the little speaker and distort the sound.  Just lower the speaker sound a little bit and the sound will be clear.  Double DUH he is right!  RESOLVED

Agent

Good to know you've figured it out! Thanks for sharing the solution with us!

EdwinRG