Virgin Mobile

moto e5 plus hot

SOLVED
Highlighted
Whiz Kid

moto e5 plus hot

Hello

I have recently gotten the moto E5 plus and it charges very hot. I just wanted to see if this is an issue that should be addressed and how would I do that?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: moto e5 plus hot

Hi there Terri6Roberts.  There is not an specific temperature to determined if a device is above normal when charging. It is ok for a device to get a little warm when charging but not to the point were it can be harmful if you touch it. This is more noticeable with fast charging or wireless charging.  On the other hand, if you feel is unsafe and the heat is more than you can handled with your bare hands, then you may want to check that out. One thing you may want to do to avoid overheating when charging your device is to close out any running apps as this will increase the heat when charging. Also, is very important that you use the manufacture owns charger. 

2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Hi there Terri6Roberts.  There is not an specific temperature to determined if a device is above normal when charging. It is ok for a device to get a little warm when charging but not to the point were it can be harmful if you touch it. This is more noticeable with fast charging or wireless charging.  On the other hand, if you feel is unsafe and the heat is more than you can handled with your bare hands, then you may want to check that out. One thing you may want to do to avoid overheating when charging your device is to close out any running apps as this will increase the heat when charging. Also, is very important that you use the manufacture owns charger. 

Whiz Kid

Thank you!