Virgin Mobile

"Activated" Moto G6 Play can't make/get calls or texts?

Highlighted
Whiz Kid

"Activated" Moto G6 Play can't make/get calls or texts?

About a month ago I bought a new Moto G6 Play to swap devices from my old Galaxy J3. I attempted to activate it several times and had no luck, even after Virgin customer service sent me 3 different SIM cards in the mail. Each ICCID number I entered on the activation page said the number was "not found," when the cards were brand new and directly ordered and sent to me by Virgin Mobile. After about 5 or 6 calls to customer service and 2 fruitless visits to 2 separate Sprint stores, I am still unable to call or text or connect to the mobile network in any way.

When people call me, it goes to straight to voicemail, and when I call any number I just get a recorded message saying "the number you have dialed is incorrect." I've done the ##72786# code dozens of times, and no matter who I've asked for help, it seems that nobody can figure out what's wrong here. The strangest part of all of this is that my mom bought the exact same model of phone around the same time and hers activated right away and she can call and text without a hitch. 

I really hope someone can help me finally figure this out. It's just so frustrating that nothing we've tried has fixed this problem yet... Smiley Sad 

4 REPLIES 4
Whiz Kid

Additional Info

idk if this helps or not but when I go into the My Virgin Mobile app on the new phone, the phone number it lists at the top of the homepage doesn't match the phone number I use on my account. Instead, it seems to be the same number as the MIN number. However, the correct phone number shows up on my account when I go on desktop.

Also the new phone is listed as my current device on my account homepage, but when I go to check the activation status it says the Device ID/Account PIN is not recognized???

Agent

Re: Additional Info

Hi there ajablonka19. I am sorry you are having such an experience with your phone. I would like to figure this out. Please send us a Private Message by clicking on my user name and at the right side of the pane you will see the option to send a private message. Include your phone and pin number.

Enthusiast

Re: "Activated" Moto G6 Play can't make/get calls or texts?

Having the same issue with the same phone, as it appears others are, too. Got it as a birthday gift for someone and it's been little more than a paperweight for the last 2 weeks. It's unbelievable that it can be this difficult to activate a phone for the network it was sold to be used on. I've tried every step on every thread related to this phone and nothing has helped.

Agent

Re: "Activated" Moto G6 Play can't make/get calls or texts?

Sorry to hear that, @joshlewis. We have replied to your previous post. Did you receive it?