Virgin Mobile

why does my service not allow pictures through text to download?

Whiz Kid

why does my service not allow pictures through text to download?

My Samsung Galaxy J3 will not download pictures when they are sent via text. When I click on download, it just comes up and says the download fails. Somethimes they evetually download about a week later. How can this be fixed?

12 REPLIES
Agent

Re: why does my service not allow pictures through text to download?

Hello Boomom. Thank you for contacting us. We're sorry to know you've been experiencing difficulties with your service. We'll do our best to assist you. How many signal bars do you have? Do you see the 3G or 4G LTE icon in your phone?

Whiz Kid

I am having the same problem as Boomom. What was your solution? I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 also. 

Enthusiast

Same problem here. With 2 LG X Power phones and 2 LG Tribute HD's. All great phones except cannot send or receive pics via text. Like Boomom sometimes they send and sometimes I can receive.
Enthusiast

Agent

Oh no! That’s definitely not what we like to hear, maddogandnoriko. Can you private message us with your phone number so we can take a closer look?

Enthusiast

Spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out. Apparently you can't send or receive mms messages via WiFi anymore.

Whiz Kid

My Galaxy J3 behaves in a very similar fashion as that of Boomom's. Sometimes the attachment from a text message will download after about 2-4 days, but lately it expires after about 4 days and just disappears. I've updated everything I can find, tried the offered Network options, have strong signal bar readings and strong wifi source. Has any solution to this problem been offered yet?

Thanks,

Justme57

Agent

Hello there, @Justme57! We understand your concerns, can you please tell us if the data is working fine on your phone? Do you experience any slow data connection when accessing the internet on the phone? Be aware the picture messages work with the mobile data. Please provide us some additional information. Thanks.

Whiz Kid

Hi, Jeffc. Thanks for the contact.

Running Speedtest.net on my cell, I get speeds of 5.06 down / 0.95 up. There appear to be no detrimental effects upon any of the other apps. I have seen photos which were cut & pasted into text messages, arriving safely, but perhaps when "attached" then the difficulties may occur. More than once I have visited BestBuy and shown them the problem example to their cell gurus. They are stumped, but one person suggested the trouble is possibly with MMS. Is there any further info I may provide?

Best regards,

Justme57