Virgin Mobile

[ARCHIVED] - What is the Inner Circle?

Enthusiast

Re: What is the Inner Circle?

Hi Victor21,

It sounds like Android devices and the non-Inner Circle Plans - the Data Love, Data Love +, and Data Love Unlimited Plans are no longer available to NEW customers? I do not currently have Virgin Mobile so I don't have an online account - can I still purchase the older plans: $35 for 5GB, $45 for 10GB, or $60 Unlimited Data Love plans or am I only able to get the new Inner Circle plans? Thx

Agent

Hi Troy94. All our plans and services are still available. Once you try to activate an Android phone, you would be given the options of the plans available for you and that specific phone. Once the account is active, options will be available on line as well. Victor21 .

Enthusiast

Hi Victor21,

So since I am a NEW customer, I don't have an online account with Virgin Mobile. When I go to the Virgin Mobile website, I only see iPhones. Where would I go as a NEW customer to purchase an Android in order to activate the Data Love plans? It kind of seems like on the Virgin Mobile website, the only offer available to NEW customers is the Inner Circle plan. Is this true? Thx

Agent

Hi. That is correct. The website is only providing information on IPhones and Inner Circle. New customer are able to verify devices and plans at your nearest participating stores. Best Buy, Target, Walt Mart. Victor21

Enthusiast

Thanks Victor21! So as a new customer signing up through Virgin Mobile directly (i.e. through the website), I can only get Inner Circle and iPhones? But as long as I go to a national retailer, I can still get Androids and the Data Love Plans? Thanks for clarifying!

Whiz Kid

If I go to an Apple store today, the 22nd, and buy an unlocked iphone, can I then use it on this plan starting the 27th? 

Whiz Kid

I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for 7 or 8 years now.  I can't even begin to tell you how many people I've recommended Virgin Mobile to as an alternative to the "big name "services most people use in the US.  I mostly did this because Virgin offered so many different tiers of service to fit any person's individual cell phone usage and budget.  A huge draw was that there were plans available that had a considerably lower price point than other carriers offered.  However, I won't be recommending Virgin Mobile anymore.   Even though I own an Iphone and have for years, the lack of choices of plans (and money spent) means that now you're no different than the other carriers.  I'm very disappointed in Virgin Mobile's decision to go to this model.

Enthusiast

Does the promotional pricing for the Iphone 6 and the Iphone SE also apply for instore purchases or is that online-only. I would like to receive my phone as soon as possible. 

Highlighted
Agent

Good morning overclock, JulieLA, and mwisniewski9. Thank you for visiting the Virgin Mobile Community!

- For overclock: You can certainly activate an unlocked Apple device with the Inner Circle deal, as long as you buy it at an Apple store.

- For JulieLA: Please accept our most sincere apologies for the negative experience you've had. We truly want to find a solution for your issue.

Please send us a private message including your number and PIN. We'll then look-up the best way to meet your expectations with a plan that better suits your needs.

Looking forward to your reply!

- For mwisniewski9: The prices for online and in-store (Apple shop) iPhones are different. During this promotional time frame, the prices offered online are cheaper than the ones at an Apple store.

Do you guys have any other questions?

We're here to help!

RB-1991 (Robert)

Enthusiast

Hi. Are the pre-paid carrier (Cricket) numbers eligible to port for the inner circle plan?