Virgin Mobile

Facilitating Interactions with Agents

Wizard

Facilitating Interactions with Agents

Having looked at many posts on the Inner Circle forum, it seems to me at least, that two types of issue arise commonly:

1) issues that the user can address with suggestions from the community 

2) issues that require the assistance of an agent.

In the case of 2) there appear to be three separate challenges that arise and addressing them could enhance the user experience and lead to faster resolution of issues.

They are:

a) identfying who is an agent--many posters seem unclear about how do that and perhaps displaying prominently how to do that and even larger avatars for agents might help

b) knowing how to send a PM to an agent--while this is explained in one location it is clear than many users are not familiar with the process.  Perhaps a standard text could be automatically included in all posts where agents suggest sending a PM that describes the method to do this.

c) it would be helpful if there could be an indication at the top of the page listing agents who are online so that users could contact them immediately rather than wondering whether to simply submit a post or attempt to contact an agent on Facebook or Twitter.

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Facilitating Interactions with Agents

Thanks for the suggestion, @madra31! We’ll make a note of this and send it up to the right people!

Virgin Mobile Alumni
Virgin Mobile Alumni

Great suggestions @madra31!

@madra31 wrote:

They are:

a) identfying who is an agent--many posters seem unclear about how do that and perhaps displaying prominently how to do that and even larger avatars for agents might help

a) Did you mean the "social care" badge next to the names of our awesome agents? If so, I think it should be an easy fix to make them bigger.  I'll get it in the pipeline.

b) knowing how to send a PM to an agent--while this is explained in one location it is clear than many users are not familiar with the process.  Perhaps a standard text could be automatically included in all posts where agents suggest sending a PM that describes the method to do this.

b) Makes sense -we know many new users are here to get an account-specific question answered and might not be familiar with our Community platform.  I will work with our Customer Care team to find the best way to meet this need.

c) it would be helpful if there could be an indication at the top of the page listing agents who are online so that users could contact them immediately rather than wondering whether to simply submit a post or attempt to contact an agent on Facebook or Twitter.

c) This one might be a bit more involved, with some custom development work needed on the Community. That said, it's a good idea, and we'll consider it.

Thanks again!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Found a helpful, funny or interesting post? Give it a “Kudo” to say thanks.
Did my reply answer your question? Hit “Accepted Solution” to help other Community members find it.
Wizard

a)  Yes.  I did mean the "social care" badge next to the names of our awesome agents.

I have apparently been mistaken for an "awesome agent" myself.  Of course, it is very flattering since I am neither awesome nor an agent.Smiley Sad  However, it does not really help users who are trying to identify a poster who can actually assist with a particular account issue.

One of the challenges in the community, as you are certainly aware, is that users can only provide suggestions on technical and general issues while any account related issues must be handled by agents.  Of course, it may not be obvious to the person posting the question whether the matter is in one or other or partly in both categories.

I do not have a specific suggestion on that at the moment.  Perhaps as the community develops it may be possible to devise a little guide to help poster determine whether the issue is one fellow users could assist with or whether it requires an agent to resolve.

Enthusiast

No Madra, you are totally awesome! VM should hire you. Smiley Happy

I have apparently been mistaken for an "awesome agent" myself.  Of course, it is very flattering since I am neither awesome nor an agent.