Virgin Mobile

Help us improve the PIN reset process?

Digital Support Manager

Help us improve the PIN reset process?

Last week we introduced the new Support page. As promised, we are working to give better answers to your questions. We’ve seen an interesting trend with one of our answers and want to get your thoughts.

This answer to “What if I forgot my Pin?” is one of the most viewed articles. It also is getting some “thumbs down” from customers.

Look the article. Take a second to get your PIN. Let us know what we can do to make the article or process better in the comments below.

6 REPLIES 6
crw
Whiz Kid

Re: Help us improve the PIN reset process?

When New Customers start a plan, Virgin Mobile should get their personal information like a Driver's License or Identification Card, NO THIEF (I) believe can retrieve your personal information from your cell phone. The pin process is not working as you can see. The process of just reporting a LOST/STOLEN Iphone is too time consuming due to the fact you can not remember your pin from the beginning of the start of your service plan.  Customers are not happy about the process with all the thumbs down. Plus Reps barely can speak or understand well enough to help out us U.S. Citizens.

Best,

Crystal Williams

Digital Support Manager

Got it, @crw . I understood you to say it is challenging to remember the PIN you set up when you started service and the PIN is required for account transactions, like reporting your phone lost or stolen. This might lead to the customer feedback around the PIN reset article. Thanks for the suggestion of capturing personal information to help with the ID validation process. 

Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestions.

Thank you, @Timb3r

Whiz Kid

I have also forgotten my pin.  Problem is that I also forgot my security question.  I have attempted to reach customer service by phone multiple times to no avail.  It seems that I am not permanently locked out of my account.  Your company must have another way to reset pins.  It is an absurd that a customer has to go through such hurdles just to have a pin reset.  We have driver's licenses and credit cards that can confirm our identity.  You need to make the process more customer friendly.

I sent the company an email and, very much hope, somebdy will help me reset my pin.

Thank you.

Agent

Hey there, @Crisbb!

Really sorry to hear that you're unable to access your account. We’d be glad to help you out with this. Mind sending us a private message with your phone number? Thanks!

~Nosh_CxUx

Enthusiast

PIN reset process of Virgin mobile is very very frustrating...

I'm the new customer to Virgin mobile, I got the new iPhone from Virgin mobile on 11/29, on the same day I activated using the IMEI and date of birth and also initiated the transfer process from old carrier, but still my new phone shows "No Service". I called the customer service more than 15 times, but everyone asks for the PIN or the anwer for the security questions or they are asking to visit the nearest Virgin mobile stores.

But all these stores are NOT corporate stores of Virgin mobile. I visited Sprint, Best buy and Walmart, no one has access to Virgin mobile accounts to reset the PIN. So, all the doors are blocked.

Still I'm breaking my head to find the right store who have access to Virgin mobile accounts to reset my account PIN.

Definitely you MUST change the PIN reset process. 

Agent

Hi there, @sundar_r84! Thank you for contacting us! We understand your frustration & are truly sorry for the inconvenience! Can you shoot us a private message with your phone number so we can help you out with this?